Foreign nationals sexually harass woman in Delhi's posh Connaught Place
- Delhi: Multi-vehicle pileup on NH-1 leaves at least five dead
- Siachen avalanche: Air pocket under 35 ft of snow kept Lance Naik Hanumanthappa alive
- Facts dispute claims by banks: write-off gallops, recovery crawls
- Upset allies Akali Dal and Shiv Sena let BJP know: Keep us in loop
- David Headley deposition adjourned for the day following technical glitch
Four men from embassies of three different countries were arrested on Monday evening on the charge of harassing, misbehaving with and threatening an assistant manager of a five-star hotel in the heart of the city.
Police said two of the arrested men were from Libya, the third from Yemen and the fourth from Algeria.
According to police, the incident took place at 8 pm at Janpath market. The men were said to be travelling in an embassy vehicle.
Confirming the incident, Additional Commissioner of Police (New Delhi) KC Dwivedi said a case under sections 506 (criminal intimidation), 509 (outraging a woman's modesty) and 34 (common intention) was registered at the Connaught Place police station.
In her statement to police, the victim said the men made obscene gestures at her and harassed while she was at Janpath market.
Police said the car carrying the four men pulled over and they alleged passed lewd remarks.
"The woman, who was alone at the time of the incident, alerted policemen who were in the vicinity. The policemen detained the accused immediately and, along with the victim, brought them to the police station," a senior police officer said.