4 from Ludhiana district make it to PU Syndicate
- Six Shiv Sena workers arrested for paint attack on Sudheendra Kulkarni
- Bihar elections: 57% turnout in first phase, voting peaceful
- PM Modi lashes out at Nitish Kumar over Kushwaha's video, says JP insulted on birthday
- Industrial production touches 3-year high, grows at 6.4% in August
- 10 years of RTI : While the government is willing, officials are not
Harpreet Singh Dua of GGN Khalsa College, Ludhiana, from the language faculty was elected unopposed to the Syndicate of Panjab University on Sunday.
Earlier, he was elected to the Senate for the third consecutive term from the affiliated college teachers' constituency.
Dua said, "Fighting for teachers' rights and demands are my priority. A review of issues will be done before March. Students' issues regarding examination system too will be given equal priority. Right from problems related to leave rules and teachers' appointments and PF, all will be taken care of."
Tarlok Bandhu from Malwa Central College for Women, R S Jhanjhi, principal, A S College, Khanna, and Satish Sharma, president, DAV Colleges, also made it to the syndicate from the district while Mukesh Arora could not.
What is Syndicate?