4 from Ludhiana district make it to PU Syndicate
- Assam woman who attended Rahul event dies of burn injuries, police say she's not the one who kissed him
- Kaushambi to Kanpur: Arvind Kejriwal kicks off three-day UP yatra
- State Forest Dept guest house is police custody for Sahara chief Subrata Roy
- War in Congress: Old soldiers fight Rahul brigade
- Sorry to kill a great story, thereâs no Hercule Parrot
Harpreet Singh Dua of GGN Khalsa College, Ludhiana, from the language faculty was elected unopposed to the Syndicate of Panjab University on Sunday.
Earlier, he was elected to the Senate for the third consecutive term from the affiliated college teachers' constituency.
Dua said, "Fighting for teachers' rights and demands are my priority. A review of issues will be done before March. Students' issues regarding examination system too will be given equal priority. Right from problems related to leave rules and teachers' appointments and PF, all will be taken care of."
Tarlok Bandhu from Malwa Central College for Women, R S Jhanjhi, principal, A S College, Khanna, and Satish Sharma, president, DAV Colleges, also made it to the syndicate from the district while Mukesh Arora could not.
What is Syndicate?
Syndicate is like an inner cabinet of PU senate in which 15 members out of the total 90 Senate members are elected through elections.