4 from Ludhiana district make it to PU Syndicate
- India's naval might on full display off Visakhapatnam coast
- Kerala solar scam: Had freedom to enter Chandy’s house anytime, says Saritha Nair
- Australian national suspected to be IS supporter deported from Delhi airport
- At least 39 dead as Gujarat state transport bus plunges into river
- Cops have a case for new juvenile law: boy who ‘killed 2’
Harpreet Singh Dua of GGN Khalsa College, Ludhiana, from the language faculty was elected unopposed to the Syndicate of Panjab University on Sunday.
Earlier, he was elected to the Senate for the third consecutive term from the affiliated college teachers' constituency.
Dua said, "Fighting for teachers' rights and demands are my priority. A review of issues will be done before March. Students' issues regarding examination system too will be given equal priority. Right from problems related to leave rules and teachers' appointments and PF, all will be taken care of."
Tarlok Bandhu from Malwa Central College for Women, R S Jhanjhi, principal, A S College, Khanna, and Satish Sharma, president, DAV Colleges, also made it to the syndicate from the district while Mukesh Arora could not.
What is Syndicate?