4 from Ludhiana district make it to PU Syndicate
- Supreme Court strikes down Section 66A, says it violates right to speech
- Pakistan Day: PM greets, MoS VK Singh tweets #disgust
- DK Ravi's death: Govt calls in CBI, tells court he had a ‘relationship’ with batchmate
- Mufti Mohammad Sayeed says will take Army into confidence on AFSPA
- 1987 Hashimpura massacre: The photographs that stand witness
Harpreet Singh Dua of GGN Khalsa College, Ludhiana, from the language faculty was elected unopposed to the Syndicate of Panjab University on Sunday.
Earlier, he was elected to the Senate for the third consecutive term from the affiliated college teachers' constituency.
Dua said, "Fighting for teachers' rights and demands are my priority. A review of issues will be done before March. Students' issues regarding examination system too will be given equal priority. Right from problems related to leave rules and teachers' appointments and PF, all will be taken care of."
Tarlok Bandhu from Malwa Central College for Women, R S Jhanjhi, principal, A S College, Khanna, and Satish Sharma, president, DAV Colleges, also made it to the syndicate from the district while Mukesh Arora could not.
What is Syndicate?
Syndicate is like an inner cabinet of PU senate in which 15 members out of the total 90 Senate members are elected through elections.