4 from Ludhiana district make it to PU Syndicate
- Elections 2014 LIVE: Tharoor mocks at Modi's meeting with actors; 80 pc polling in Inner Manipur
- Congress releases CD of Uma Bharti calling Narendra Modi 'Vinash Purush'
- Admiral Dhowan appointed as new Navy chief
- CAG empowered to examine accounts of private telecom companies: Supreme Court
- IPL 7 Live Cricket Score: Karthik-led DD face RCB
Harpreet Singh Dua of GGN Khalsa College, Ludhiana, from the language faculty was elected unopposed to the Syndicate of Panjab University on Sunday.
Earlier, he was elected to the Senate for the third consecutive term from the affiliated college teachers' constituency.
Dua said, "Fighting for teachers' rights and demands are my priority. A review of issues will be done before March. Students' issues regarding examination system too will be given equal priority. Right from problems related to leave rules and teachers' appointments and PF, all will be taken care of."
Tarlok Bandhu from Malwa Central College for Women, R S Jhanjhi, principal, A S College, Khanna, and Satish Sharma, president, DAV Colleges, also made it to the syndicate from the district while Mukesh Arora could not.
What is Syndicate?
Syndicate is like an inner cabinet of PU senate in which 15 members out of the total 90 Senate members are elected through elections.
- Activist, her aide booked for cheating in attempt to frame acquitted murder accused
- Extended Monorail running hours fails to pull crowd
- HC orders action against Essel World for causing harm to mangroves
- Cops crack bar girl’s murder case after waiter’s tip-off
- Railway to provide plastic pouches for commuter IDs
- Last safety check for Metro to begin April 18