4 held for attacking Bholi Mahant, had got supari of Rs 2 lakh
- Malaysia signals missing plane carrying 239 including 5 Indians has crashed
- Disquiet in BJP as M M Joshi, Sushma raise questions over selected candidates and seat sharing
- Subrata Roy arrest row: The not-so-beautiful story
- Vajpayee wanted Modi to quit over Gujarat riots, but party said no: Venkaiah Naidu
- Rest in freeze: Is Ashutosh Maharaj 40-day âclinically deadâ or a guru in a very long meditation?
Police on Sunday arrested a group of four persons who were involved in attacking Bholi Mahant on November 23. A supari of Rs 2 lakh was given by Mahant Tej to four persons to kill Bholi, reveal investigations.
ACP Swapan Sharma said the division of areas was the reason behind this crime.
The arrested accused are Tejo Mahant, Imitiaz Ahmed, who hails from Bihar, Ramji Paswan and Durga Singhania. Apart from Rs 2 lakh, Rs 2,000 extra were given to buy illegal ammunition which Durga had purchased from UP.
On November 23, three persons had entered the Dera of Bholi Mahant to seek blessings and later shot her with a pistol. She suffered injury in stomach and was later admitted to DMCH.
Imitiaz and Ramji were arrested with a .315 bore pistol and two live cartridges. Durga was arrested from Khushi Ram sweet shop, said police.
Mahants go around in different areas over the birth of a child or on a wedding and they go as per the area division done by the group of Mahants. Tejo Mahant said Bholi was seeking some more area which was not acceptable and hence the supari killing was planned.
Durga was the mastermind in this crime who already has many cases registered against him. He had been jailed for six months in illegal arms case earlier as well.