4 held for attacking Bholi Mahant, had got supari of Rs 2 lakh
- Thousands turn up at Narendra Modi's Varanasi roadshow, BJP's PM candidate files nomination papers
- Elections 2014 LIVE: Congress moves EC over Modi's roadshow in Varanasi
- From Marandi vs Soren to Deora vs Sanyal: Top 5 battles in Lok Sabha polls Phase 6
- Rahul Gandhi joins sister Priyanka in attacking Narendra Modi on snoopgate
- Elections 2014 Phase 6 LIVE: Slow voting in Mumbai, UP records 24 % in first four hours
Police on Sunday arrested a group of four persons who were involved in attacking Bholi Mahant on November 23. A supari of Rs 2 lakh was given by Mahant Tej to four persons to kill Bholi, reveal investigations.
ACP Swapan Sharma said the division of areas was the reason behind this crime.
The arrested accused are Tejo Mahant, Imitiaz Ahmed, who hails from Bihar, Ramji Paswan and Durga Singhania. Apart from Rs 2 lakh, Rs 2,000 extra were given to buy illegal ammunition which Durga had purchased from UP.
On November 23, three persons had entered the Dera of Bholi Mahant to seek blessings and later shot her with a pistol. She suffered injury in stomach and was later admitted to DMCH.
Imitiaz and Ramji were arrested with a .315 bore pistol and two live cartridges. Durga was arrested from Khushi Ram sweet shop, said police.
Mahants go around in different areas over the birth of a child or on a wedding and they go as per the area division done by the group of Mahants. Tejo Mahant said Bholi was seeking some more area which was not acceptable and hence the supari killing was planned.
Durga was the mastermind in this crime who already has many cases registered against him. He had been jailed for six months in illegal arms case earlier as well.
- At least 65 EVMs replaced in six Lok Sabha seats in Assam
- Twitter cofounder talks of 26/11, Indian farmers in new book
- UP records over 24 pc voter turnout till 11 AM, 20 per cent turnout in Chhattisgarh
- Arvind Kejriwal lashes out at BJP for attack on Somnath Bharti
- ANF official accused of killing youth a gallantry award winner
- Maharashtra: Poor turnout till 9 am in third phase of polling