4 infants injured as fire breaks out in Govt hospital in Rajasthan

Four infants were injured when a fire broke out in the Nursery Ward of PBM Government Hospital here in the wee hours today.

The fire broke out at around 2 AM due to a short circuit in the air-conditioner in the ward where 22 children, mostly infants were admitted, the hospital's Superintendent Dr Satish Kachchawa said.

The ward was evacuated immediately, but four of the infants received burn injuries, he said.

"All the minor patients were shifted to three places - main ICU of PBM hospital and two other hospitals. Four infants received minor burn injuries and their condition is now stable," he said.

The fire had been extinguished, police said, adding Some medical equipment was damaged in the fire.

After the incident, District Collector Arti Dogra and other senior officials rushed to the hospital.

The collector has ordered an inquiry and set up a 3-member committee to probe the incident.

Rajasthan MoS for Home Virendra Beniwal also visited the patients at the hospital.

Please read our terms of use before posting comments
TERMS OF USE: The views, opinions and comments posted are your, and are not endorsed by this website. You shall be solely responsible for the comment posted here. The website reserves the right to delete, reject, or otherwise remove any views, opinions and comments posted or part thereof. You shall ensure that the comment is not inflammatory, abusive, derogatory, defamatory &/or obscene, or contain pornographic matter and/or does not constitute hate mail, or violate privacy of any person (s) or breach confidentiality or otherwise is illegal, immoral or contrary to public policy. Nor should it contain anything infringing copyright &/or intellectual property rights of any person(s).
comments powered by Disqus