4 minors detained for murdering man, dumping body
- In Mumbai, new warship system malfunctions, Navy officer killed
- SC calls Sahara proposal an âinsultâ, Subrata Roy to stay in jail till March 11
- I'm not a terrorist, Modi should have met me: Arvind Kejriwal
- Modi to hold 'Chai Pe Charcha' on women empowerment on Saturday
- Will not campaign for any candidate, says Anna Hazare
The Sakinaka police detained four minors Thursday for allegedly killing a 24-year-old youth and abandoning the body in a deserted area in Andheri (East).
The body of Gurunath Sawant was found at a deserted BMC reserve plot near Chandivali Farm Road area Wednesday.
Police said Sawant and the four minors lived in the same neighbourhood at Sangharsh Nagar in Chandivali.
The suspects allegedly murdered Sawant on October 7 by stabbing him with knives and choppers before crushing his head with a stone. They were irked over being considered suspects for the crimes Sawant allegedly committed, police said.
"The four minors alleged that Sawant would commit thefts and then pin the blame on them. However, there are no police records to corroborate their claims. Neither Sawant nor the four had been arrested in the past," said senior inspector Prasanna More.
The minors were picked up from near their residence Wednesday. They were sent to a juvenile home Thursday. Sawant's father, an autorickshaw driver, told police in his statement that Sawant had left his residence around 5 pm on October 7 and had gone missing.
- Chai pe Charcha gets police protection, EC officials to check on poll norm violation
- Complaint against Kejriwal: Kutch cops gather evidence
- AAP chief to hold first public meeting in Gujarat today
- Nominations for North Bangalore primary begin
- ‘Our campaigning in the state will be out of the box’
- ‘Aai Retire Hotey’ to take the stage for 100th time today