4 more swine flu cases confirmed
- Rahul Gandhi attacks Narendra Modi; highlights Congress work in Uttarakhand
- Rohtak rally: Ambani, Modi, Rahul, media â all are corrupt, says Arvind Kejriwal
- Donât discriminate between Muslims and others on false cases: Purohit to Shinde
- Fraud Office gets govt nod to prosecute Radia firms
- âStingâ journalist who reported on Amit Shah gets VIP security
Four more patients tested positive for H1N1 (swine flu virus) on Friday, taking the total to 64 confirmed cases this year, Delhi government said. While the official death toll this year is three cases, authorities at Ram Manohar Lohia (RML) hospital in Central Delhi said another suspected swine flu death had been reported on Thursday night.
Dr H K Kar, medical superintendent at RML hospital said, "A 47-year-old woman from Ghaziabad who had been admitted to the ICU with severe respiratory complications from swine flu, expired on Thursday night. This was the second swine flu death this week. Another patient succumbed to the virus on Wednesday night."
"Four other patients are admitted with us — two in isolation wards, including a five-year-old from Gurgaon, and two in the isolation ICU," Dr Kar said.
Two patients diagnosed with swine flu were admitted to Safdarjung Hospital and another in Lok Nayak hospital. One patient tested positive for H1N1 at the AIIMS pathology department last week.
Delhi government confirmed two H1N1 deaths in RML Hospital, and one in Sir Ganga Ram hospital.
According to the swine flu monitoring control room, of the four confirmed new cases on Friday, one was from Safdarjung hospital in South Delhi, another from East Delhi's Swami Dayanand hospital, and two from private hospitals in South and Central Delhi.
"The disease appears to have spread evenly across the city. Two patients who died of swine flu were from neighbouring states," an official at the government control room said.
- ‘Irrespective of the noise, BJP won’t get so many seats. There is craze for Modi, but how much translates into votes is difficult to say’
- Hindus should 'produce' at least 5 children, says VHP leader Ashok Singhal
- AMU teachers body to boycott Mulayam visit
- Mulayam, Akhilesh woo Brahmins, Muslims
- ‘Sting’ journalist who reported on Amit Shah gets VIP security
- Don’t discriminate between Muslims and others on false cases: Purohit writes to Shinde