4 more top Zee officials get notices
- Janata Parivar Wedding: PM Narendra Modi 'showstopper' at Saifai
- Sena defends Modi suit auction, says see what amount Rahul's wardrobe would fetch
- The net widens: Top executives from five firms, two consultants arrested
- After Manjhi anti-climax, Nitish begins second act: ‘With folded hands, sorry’
- Congress yet to apologise for coal loss, says PM Narendra Modi
The Delhi Police is learnt to have sent notices to four more top Zee group officials, asking them to join the investigation into the complaint of extortion filed against the heads of two news channels of the group — Sudhir Chaudhary and Sameer Ahluwalia — by Jindal Power and Steel Ltd.
Sources identified three of these four as Punit Goenka, managing director of Zee Entertainment Enterprises Ltd, Zee News sales head Amit Tripathi, and managing director of Dish TV Jawahar Goel.
Essel Group chairman Subhash Chandra, father of Punit and brother of Goel, had earlier been issued notice to join the probe. Chandra is learnt to have replied he would join the probe after December 5. Police sources said they have evidence of a phone conversation Chandra had with Chaudhary and Ahluwalia after they met with JSPL executives on September 13. Chaudhary and Ahluwalia were arrested on Tuesday for allegedly demanding Rs 100 crore in advertisements in exchange for stopping a series of reports against JSPL.