4 Ponty men held, police say gunfight lasted 20 minutes
- Pakistan High Commission staffer asked to leave India after leak of sensitive defence documents
- Cyrus Mistry hits back at Tata Group with slew of allegations: Fraudulent transactions, unethical ways
- Tata Sons vs Cyrus: Sebi, govt keep watch, BSE seeks clarification
- Kashmir is a matter for India, Pakistan to sort out: British PM Theresa May
- It's unfortunate, because it has set a terrible precedent: Farhan Akhtar on Johar-MNS deal
The gunfight between Gurdeep Singh Chadha alias Ponty and his brother Hardeep at their farmhouse in Chhattarpur lasted around 20 minutes, police said on Tuesday while announcing the arrest of four men in the case.
Udayraj Singh (UP PSO for Ponty), Bhupinder Singh Bisht (was leading the men), Rajpal (UP PSO for Ponty's daughter) and Anand Singh Bisht (driver) were arrested for assaulting Hardeep's men stationed at 42, DLF Chhattarpur Farms on Saturday, around an hour before the shootout. Ponty and Hardeep were killed in the exchange of gunfire.
According to police, the four arrested were part of Ponty's staff. They had barged into the farmhouse, assaulted and then abducted Hardeep's men after snatching their mobile phones and fired in the air, police said.
Police said this clash took place between 11 am and 11.30 am on Saturday. During the same period, another set of Ponty's staff clashed with Hardeep's men at the Chadhas' Bijwasan farmhouse in Southwest Delhi. According to police, Ponty's men were at Bijwasan farmhouse to take possession of the place.
"The incidents at Bijwasan and Chhattarpur were reported simultaneously, between 11 am and 11.30 am. Hardeep was in Noida at the time and was informed of the clashes. He immediately rushed to the Chhattarpur farmhouse. The shootout started after 12 noon and lasted for about 20 minutes," police said.
Police said no firing was reported from the farmhouse in Bijwasan. Two of Ponty's men were arrested for this clash.
Police said a resident called them at 11.50 am on Saturday to report the scuffle between Ponty and Hardeep at the Chhattarpur farmhouse. But the police personnel who went to the spot to check on the complaint returned after noting that everything was "peaceful".
Forty minutes later, police rushed to the Chhattarpur farmhouse again after they were informed about firing in the area at 12.28 pm.
- A letter like Cyrus Mistry’s could deepen the credibility crisis of Indian capitalism
- The transgender rights bill dilutes the private member’s bill passed by Rajya Sabha
- Diverse myths around the festival underpin Hinduism’s openness
- Polygamy and gender justice debate is more complicated than it is made out to be
- By brokering for MNS, Devendra Fadnavis has shown himself as a CM afraid of a bully
- Pak PM would do well to study the past before choosing Raheel Sharif’s successor