4 Ponty men held, police say gunfight lasted 20 minutes
- Media running 'false' news to tarnish Vasundhara Raje's image: CM office
- NIA says no 'issuance of inappropriate briefing by any officer'
- ‘Emergency one of India’s darkest periods,’ says PM Modi
- Lakhvi release: Pak says India politicising UNSC sanctions committee
- AAP unveils Rs.41,129 crore Delhi's 'Swaraj' budget
According to Khan, there are 14 cases registered against Namdhari in the state. Of these, two criminal cases — dacoity and attempt to murder — are pending in the court, the release said.
The government said the fact that Namdhari was at the farmhouse at the time of the shootout makes his "integrity more doubtful".
Namdhari came close to liquor baron Ponty about a decade ago due to the latter's growing interest in mining business in the state. He was appointed chairman in March 2010.