4 Ponty men held, police say gunfight lasted 20 minutes
- PDP, BJP seal alliance to form government in Jammu & Kashmir
- RK Pachauri, accused of sexual harassment, quits UN climate change panel
- Centre's land bill is anti-farmer, says Kejriwal at Anna protest rally
- SpiceJet launches low-fare offer for Holi; one lakh seats on the block
- BJP defends Bhagwat, claims Mother Teresa admitted she was not a social worker
According to Khan, there are 14 cases registered against Namdhari in the state. Of these, two criminal cases — dacoity and attempt to murder — are pending in the court, the release said.
The government said the fact that Namdhari was at the farmhouse at the time of the shootout makes his "integrity more doubtful".
Namdhari came close to liquor baron Ponty about a decade ago due to the latter's growing interest in mining business in the state. He was appointed chairman in March 2010.