4 Ponty men held, police say gunfight lasted 20 minutes
- Supreme Court to hear plea today for relook at verdict on gay sex
- J&K Governor calls for talks today, PDP signals phone call from Delhi may bring back BJP alliance
- RBI keeps repo rate unchanged at 6.7%; CRR at 4%
- Raigad: 13 Pune college students drown during picnic at Murud beach
- Zika virus outbreak: WHO declares global emergency
According to Khan, there are 14 cases registered against Namdhari in the state. Of these, two criminal cases — dacoity and attempt to murder — are pending in the court, the release said.
The government said the fact that Namdhari was at the farmhouse at the time of the shootout makes his "integrity more doubtful".
Namdhari came close to liquor baron Ponty about a decade ago due to the latter's growing interest in mining business in the state. He was appointed chairman in March 2010.
- Ten years on, MGNREGA requires constant review. And consistency in political support
- The global economy is in trouble but India is attracting positive comment
- India’s expanding stakes in US demand a more strategic view of their changing politics
- Supreme Court has an opportunity to rectify its ruling on Section 377
- And everyone loves censorship — or so it seemed, at a session at the Jaipur Lit Fest
- The problem in Arunachal is as much about politics as about institutional norms