4 rape cases in central Gujarat in a week
- David Headley connects the dots: Hafiz Saeed, ISI, failed Mumbai attacks
- David Headley: Travelled to India 8 times, changed name for passport
- Rs 1.14 lakh crore of bad debts: The great government bank write-off
- Caste came up in 3 suicide probes at Hyderabad University
- Uttar Pradesh has been turned into 'Islamic state': Sena mouthpiece on Ghulam Ali concert
In the last week, at least four cases of rape were reported from Dahod, Bharuch, Anand and the Panchmahals districts, including one involving a two-and-a-half-year-old girl who is still recovering at the S G Hospital in Vadodara.
The police arrested a school van driver in Bharuch after an 18-year-old girl studying in Class XII decided to open up about her school van driver Kirit Mistry having raped her around nine months ago and threatened not to disclose this to anybody. Mistry had allegedly taken her to a secluded place and raped her while they were coming back from her tuition class. The girl's parents lodged an FIR under Sections 376, 392, and 506(1) of IPC.
The two-and-a-half-year-old girl was raped on Friday night by a relative who was visiting their home at Halol. The accused Keshavraj Joshi was arrested immediately after the parents handed him over to the police station. The girl is in the hospital.
Last week on Thursday, a 13-year-old girl from Anand town was raped by her neighbour when her grandparents with whom she lived, were away. According to the FIR, the man, Riyazsha Diwan, who was arrested in this connection, had allegedly threatened to kill her grandparents if she told about this to anybody.
- Government must resolve growing burden of non-performing assets
- Outrage over police assault on students is meaningless
- Right to a toilet: For the health, dignity and safety of women in slums
- Raja-Mandala: Maritime India versus Continental Delhi
- The Akhilesh-Mulayam duet
- We have turned our back to the intense food and drinking water distress