4 rape cases in central Gujarat in a week
- BJP MP Hema Malini injured in road accident in Jaipur; one dead
- Fadnavis rubbishes reports of flight delay, threatens to take legal action
- Madrasas to be de-recognised in Maharashtra; Congress calls the move unconstitutional
- Rs 526 crore for AAP govt publicity; Congress asks is it to purchase media
- Fearing action, 1400 primary teachers with fake degree resign in Bihar
In the last week, at least four cases of rape were reported from Dahod, Bharuch, Anand and the Panchmahals districts, including one involving a two-and-a-half-year-old girl who is still recovering at the S G Hospital in Vadodara.
The police arrested a school van driver in Bharuch after an 18-year-old girl studying in Class XII decided to open up about her school van driver Kirit Mistry having raped her around nine months ago and threatened not to disclose this to anybody. Mistry had allegedly taken her to a secluded place and raped her while they were coming back from her tuition class. The girl's parents lodged an FIR under Sections 376, 392, and 506(1) of IPC.
The two-and-a-half-year-old girl was raped on Friday night by a relative who was visiting their home at Halol. The accused Keshavraj Joshi was arrested immediately after the parents handed him over to the police station. The girl is in the hospital.
Last week on Thursday, a 13-year-old girl from Anand town was raped by her neighbour when her grandparents with whom she lived, were away. According to the FIR, the man, Riyazsha Diwan, who was arrested in this connection, had allegedly threatened to kill her grandparents if she told about this to anybody.
In yet another case, the relative of a 15-year-old girl was forced to have sex with her distant relative Dinesh Mandod at a village in Dahod's Garbada taluka, who also threatened to kill her.