4 women arrested for flesh trade
- Matter is serious, will take action against Bhagwat Mann: Speaker
- Hooliganism going on in name of gau raksha: Gujarat Chief Secretary
- Adarsh Society case: SC stays demolition, asks Defence Ministry to 'secure' building
- SC to hear plea seeking Governor's rule in Jammu and Kashmir
- ED slaps money laundering case against former Haryana CM BS Hooda
The Focal Point police on Sunday raided a brothel at labour quarters in Sherpur area and arrested four women.
The women were identified as Geeta and Renu of Sherpur, and Kiran and Pooja of Salem Tabri area. Geeta is the kingpin of the brothel.
The police registered a case under sections 3, 4, 5 and 6 of the Immoral Trafficking Prevention Act.
Focal Point SHO Gurtej Singh said he was present at a naka along with a police party, when an informer alerted him to the brothel being run in the area.
- Pakistan’s dependence on Saudi Arabia stands in their way against Islamic terrorism
- Protest over the demolition of Ambedkar Bhavan reveals a divided Dalit community
- Punjab’s drug problem is a national security issue
- Simultaneous elections will allow governments to devote four years for governance
- UN faces a crisis, but its new secretary general is unlikely to upset tradition
- South China Sea verdict has changed the ground rules for future engagement with China