4 women arrested for flesh trade
- Haji Ali dargah will have to open doors for women after Bombay HC ruling
- My vision for India is rapid transformation, not gradual evolution: PM Modi
- Panel works on alternative to pellets: Balls of pepper, capsicum gas
- Scorpene leak: Firms to be blacklisted only in cases of clear criminality, says Parrikar
- Sheena Bora murder: Taped conversations emerging on media submitted in court, says CBI
The Focal Point police on Sunday raided a brothel at labour quarters in Sherpur area and arrested four women.
The women were identified as Geeta and Renu of Sherpur, and Kiran and Pooja of Salem Tabri area. Geeta is the kingpin of the brothel.
The police registered a case under sections 3, 4, 5 and 6 of the Immoral Trafficking Prevention Act.
Focal Point SHO Gurtej Singh said he was present at a naka along with a police party, when an informer alerted him to the brothel being run in the area.
- In Kashmir, so-called solutions are riddled with contradictions and divisions
- Why personal, social and political self-identification of Dalits must count more than legal nomenclature.
- The draft surrogacy bill violates the fundamental right of people to choose modes of parenthood
- Realpolitik drives Myanmar’s outreach to India and China
- Epidemics in India are seldom followed by a long-term response
- Pakistan army has a battle to win: The corruption within