4 women arrested for flesh trade
- As Ambedkar Association grew, so did its assertiveness
- Dalit suicide: ABVP leader claimed pain after ‘assault,’ operated for appendicitis
- 4th ODI, Live Score: Australia post 348/8 against India in Canberra
- Indian markets in a bear hug: Sensex, rupee back at level before Modi took charge
- India successfully puts its fifth navigation satellite into orbit
The Focal Point police on Sunday raided a brothel at labour quarters in Sherpur area and arrested four women.
The women were identified as Geeta and Renu of Sherpur, and Kiran and Pooja of Salem Tabri area. Geeta is the kingpin of the brothel.
The police registered a case under sections 3, 4, 5 and 6 of the Immoral Trafficking Prevention Act.
Focal Point SHO Gurtej Singh said he was present at a naka along with a police party, when an informer alerted him to the brothel being run in the area.
- It is not incidental that Rohith Chakravarthi Vemula and his dissent were crushed
- Aroon Tikekar carried the rationalist legacy of 19th century Maharashtra
- Sushma Swaraj’s Israel visit: Owning a friendship
- Cuddalore rape victim story shows how little has changed
- Risk taking, experimentation and teamwork must also infect government machinery
- New mobile towers, better roads are making a difference in Bastar