4 women arrested for flesh trade
- Dadri: Outrage after mob lynches man for allegedly consuming beef
- At United Nations, Pak PM Sharif plays his old tune on Kashmir
- 2006 Mumbai train blasts: Death sentence for 5 convicts, life for 7
- Modi's foreign visits need to be backed up with action on ground: Rajan
- Diesel rates up by 50 paise from midnight tonight, no change in petrol price
The Focal Point police on Sunday raided a brothel at labour quarters in Sherpur area and arrested four women.
The women were identified as Geeta and Renu of Sherpur, and Kiran and Pooja of Salem Tabri area. Geeta is the kingpin of the brothel.
The police registered a case under sections 3, 4, 5 and 6 of the Immoral Trafficking Prevention Act.
Focal Point SHO Gurtej Singh said he was present at a naka along with a police party, when an informer alerted him to the brothel being run in the area.