4 women arrested for flesh trade
- Oommen Chandy writes to PM Modi over Kerala House raid; canteen drops 'beef curry' from menu
- Amit Mishra released on bail after being held for assaulting woman
- PM Modi taunts Nitish Kumar, likens Grand Alliance to 'Three Idiots'
- Pakistan's Edhi foundation turns down Rs 1 cr donation announced by PM Modi
- Have withdrawn controversial circular on sedition: Maha govt to HC
The Focal Point police on Sunday raided a brothel at labour quarters in Sherpur area and arrested four women.
The women were identified as Geeta and Renu of Sherpur, and Kiran and Pooja of Salem Tabri area. Geeta is the kingpin of the brothel.
The police registered a case under sections 3, 4, 5 and 6 of the Immoral Trafficking Prevention Act.
Focal Point SHO Gurtej Singh said he was present at a naka along with a police party, when an informer alerted him to the brothel being run in the area.
- Draw uniform civil code from different personal laws, give primacy to gender equity
- From the breadbasket of India, Punjab has become a basket-case economy
- Pakistan’s nuclear weapons may not deter Indian retaliation, but destruction mutual
- Writers were not blind to ‘love jihad’ or ‘ghar wapsi’, our agitation not manufactured
- In search of the enemy- the minority Shias of Bangladesh
- A vein of discontent is giving rise to armed militancy