4 women killed by big cats in 17 days
- Election LIVE: BJP's third candidate list out, Ram Kripal to contest from Patliputra against Lalu's daughter
- Show us the money, Supreme Court says, refuses bail to Subrata Roy
- December 16 gangrape: Delhi High Court upholds death to four convicts
- India joins global search to locate missing Malaysia Airlines plane
- Shiv Sena hits out at BJP, asks it to follow "alliance dharma"
Four women were killed in attacks by a leopard and a tiger in the last 17 days near Navegaon National Park on Bhandara and Gondia districts border.
Three women were reportedly killed by a leopard. The fourth was killed by a tiger on Tuesday, Gondia divisional forest officer Rama Rao said. "Vandana Meshram of Chikhli village had gone to the forest to collect firewood when she was attacked by a tiger," he said.
Principal chief conservator of forest (wildlife) SWH Naqvi said, "We are trying to cage the leopard and have put up six cages. If this fails, we will try to tranquilise it. If this fails, too, we will shoot the leopard," Naqvi said.