4 women killed by big cats in 17 days
Four women were killed in attacks by a leopard and a tiger in the last 17 days near Navegaon National Park on Bhandara and Gondia districts border.
Three women were reportedly killed by a leopard. The fourth was killed by a tiger on Tuesday, Gondia divisional forest officer Rama Rao said. "Vandana Meshram of Chikhli village had gone to the forest to collect firewood when she was attacked by a tiger," he said.
Principal chief conservator of forest (wildlife) SWH Naqvi said, "We are trying to cage the leopard and have put up six cages. If this fails, we will try to tranquilise it. If this fails, too, we will shoot the leopard," Naqvi said.
- Whistleblower alleged kickbacks, favours in ‘thin client’ procurement; NDA never completed inquiry
- Pune AAP volunteers all set to hit campaign trail in Varanasi
- ‘Interstate’ gang of chain snatchers held; gold worth Rs 80 lakh seized
- CBI, Army vigilance wing carry out daylong search at NDA
- Balancing Act
- Ahir kin rivalry dominates poll landscape