4 workers injured in blaze at Dera Bassi chemical factory
- Arvind Kejriwal to launch AAP's Lok Sabha poll campaign from Haryana today
- Donât discriminate between Muslims and others on false cases: Purohit to Shinde
- Fraud Office gets govt nod to prosecute Radia firms
- âStingâ journalist who reported on Amit Shah gets VIP security
- Army said unit was headed for IAF drill, ex-Air Chief says this was due only a month later
A Major fire broke out on the premises of Anuja Health Care, a pharmaceutical manufacturing company, situated at Industrial Focal Point in Dera Bassi on Tuesday evening, leaving four factory workers seriously injured and gutting building, machinery and chemicals worth lakhs of rupees.
The cause of fire could not be ascertained as yet and investigations are on. Four fire tenders from Dera Bassi, Mohali and Chandigarh took two hours to douse the raging inferno.
Factory owner KR Jain disclosed that it was at around 5.45 pm when chemical stored in plastic drums caught fire from a spark emanated from a reactor in the production plant on the second floor of the building. Within no time, the chemical fire engulfed the entire unit and four workers working at that time could not find way to run out.
The fire brigade people pulled out the trapped workers, one of whom was identified as Ram Shukal Chaudhary, before they were rushed to Chandigarh PGIMER, where they were struggling for life.
The fire reduced to ashes the plant, machinery, building and chemicals worth lakhs of rupees even though actual loss was yet to be ascertained, said Jain.
Dera Bassi Fire Officer Bhupinder Sandhu said timely action of the fire brigade prevented fire from spreading to adjoining units. The fire was fueled by the chemical drums placed near the reactor, said Sandhu. A huge quantity of foam was used to douse the chemical fire.
- ‘Irrespective of the noise, BJP won’t get so many seats. There is craze for Modi, but how much translates into votes is difficult to say’
- Hindus should 'produce' at least 5 children, says VHP leader Ashok Singhal
- AMU teachers body to boycott Mulayam visit
- Mulayam, Akhilesh woo Brahmins, Muslims
- ‘Sting’ journalist who reported on Amit Shah gets VIP security
- Don’t discriminate between Muslims and others on false cases: Purohit writes to Shinde
- Top General speaks: Def Secy summoned me late night, said highest seat of power was worried, troops must go back quickly
- Government blames BJP for delay in passage of Telangana bill in Rajya Sabha, may extend Parliament session
- Dhoni, do you believe you can win abroad? | The Indian Express
- ‘Troop movement should’ve been avoided if they knew (V K Singh’s) court date’