4 workers injured in blaze at Dera Bassi chemical factory
- IAF An-32 aircraft missing: Manohar Parrikar undertakes aerial survey of search operations
- Hillary Clinton picks Tim Kaine as running mate
- Judith D'souza, Indian kidnapped in Kabul, rescued: Sushma Swaraj
- Bhagwant Mann interview: 'I just wanted to show system of draw of lots in Zero Hour'
- Toll climbs to 46, Rajnath visits Kashmir valley today
A Major fire broke out on the premises of Anuja Health Care, a pharmaceutical manufacturing company, situated at Industrial Focal Point in Dera Bassi on Tuesday evening, leaving four factory workers seriously injured and gutting building, machinery and chemicals worth lakhs of rupees.
The cause of fire could not be ascertained as yet and investigations are on. Four fire tenders from Dera Bassi, Mohali and Chandigarh took two hours to douse the raging inferno.
Factory owner KR Jain disclosed that it was at around 5.45 pm when chemical stored in plastic drums caught fire from a spark emanated from a reactor in the production plant on the second floor of the building. Within no time, the chemical fire engulfed the entire unit and four workers working at that time could not find way to run out.
The fire brigade people pulled out the trapped workers, one of whom was identified as Ram Shukal Chaudhary, before they were rushed to Chandigarh PGIMER, where they were struggling for life.
The fire reduced to ashes the plant, machinery, building and chemicals worth lakhs of rupees even though actual loss was yet to be ascertained, said Jain.