4 workers injured in blaze at Dera Bassi chemical factory
- Siachen avalanche: Lance Naik Hanamanthappa passes away three days after miraculous rescue
- Dr RK Pachauri goes on leave as TERI Chancellor, won't attend March 7 convocation
- Ishrat Jahan's mother on Headley deposition: Ploy by those guilty to salvage their names
- Write-offs a scam, small loans rarely in it, says former RBI Deputy Governor
- David Headley received money from ISI, LeT and Dr Rana
A Major fire broke out on the premises of Anuja Health Care, a pharmaceutical manufacturing company, situated at Industrial Focal Point in Dera Bassi on Tuesday evening, leaving four factory workers seriously injured and gutting building, machinery and chemicals worth lakhs of rupees.
The cause of fire could not be ascertained as yet and investigations are on. Four fire tenders from Dera Bassi, Mohali and Chandigarh took two hours to douse the raging inferno.
Factory owner KR Jain disclosed that it was at around 5.45 pm when chemical stored in plastic drums caught fire from a spark emanated from a reactor in the production plant on the second floor of the building. Within no time, the chemical fire engulfed the entire unit and four workers working at that time could not find way to run out.
The fire brigade people pulled out the trapped workers, one of whom was identified as Ram Shukal Chaudhary, before they were rushed to Chandigarh PGIMER, where they were struggling for life.
The fire reduced to ashes the plant, machinery, building and chemicals worth lakhs of rupees even though actual loss was yet to be ascertained, said Jain.