4 youth gangrape Class IX student in West Bengal
- Winter session Day 1: Govt talks about misuse of word 'secularism', Sonia raises 'intolerance' debate
- Sheena murder: CBI seeks Interpol help, Peter Mukerjea's custody extended till Nov 30
- PPCC chief Bajwa and Jakhar made to resign as rejig in Punjab Congress imminent
- Constitution Day: The many reasons why the BJP decided to celebrate it
- India-Pakistan series to be played from December 15 in Sri Lanka: Rajiv Shukla
A Class IX girl student was gangraped allegedly by four youth, who gagged and tied up a male friend accompanying her in adjoining South 24 Parganas district, police said today.
The girl, who had set out with the friend from Joynagar on bicycle for a relative's home at Nalua, was stopped by the four youths at Bhaganpur, Additional Superintendent of Police Kankar Prasad Barui said today.
The youth, who were unidentified, gagged and bound the male friend and allegedly gangraped the girl who fell unconscious, Barui said.
Villagers discovered the two this morning and informed the father of the girl, Renupasad Halder, he said.
The father took his daughter to the Joynagar Police Station where an FIR was filed against the four unidentified youth, the ASP said.
- Why every patriot should be worried, and, yes, ashamed
- Douglass North emphasised institutions when markets were the focus
- ‘Bovine Divine’ controversy lurched between the horrific and the comic
- PM Modi’s achievements abroad appear to cut little ice back home
- Post 13/11 sloganeering at Antalya and Kuala Lumpur won’t be enough
- Can Parliament be insulated from the vagaries of the political climate?