40% repolling at three booths in Gujarat
- CBI sought part RTI exemption, Govt gave it full
- Screen Awards: Milkha, Ram-Leela and Madras Cafe dominate
- DGCA seeks fresh public objections after clearing AirAsia for take-off
- Delhi: 51-year-old Danish national alleges gangrape, 15 detained for questioning
- I wonder if I will be able to ever reunite with my husband, my kids. I miss them: Devyani
Brisk voter turnout was reported today from the three booths in as many Assembly seats, where the Election Commission of India had ordered repolling.
Booth no. 169 Kotda in Jamjodhpur Assembly seat witnessed 52 per cent polling till 1 PM while booth no. 27 Katargam in Surat North Assembly constituency recorded 49 per cent voter turnout, additional chief electoral officer Ashok Manek said.
Polling station no. 69 Kamlej-III in Bhavnagar Rural Assembly seat registered 40 per cent polling till 1 PM, he added.
Repolling had to be ordered as electronic voting machines (EVMs) at these stations developed technical problems during the first phase of elections on December 13.
In Bhavnagar rural, two political heavyweights of Gujarat - BJP's Parshottam Solanki, and Leader of Opposition and Congress Legislature Party leader Shaktisinh Gohil – are contesting against each other.