40 firecracker shops gutted
- Maoists kill at least 7 poll officials, seven others in twin attack in Chhattisgarh
- World doesn't trust Modi, says Congress citing British newspaper
- FIR against SP leader Azam Khan over 'Kargil won by Muslim soldiers' remark
- His hands tied, PM surrendered to Sonia: ex-media adviserâs book
- Elections 2014 LIVE: Manmohan Singh didnât put wifeâs name in Rajya Sabha affidavit, says BJP
Around 40 firecracker shops were gutted in a fire in south Gujarat on Monday but no casualty was reported, officials said.
The fire started in a make-shift cracker market, set up near the municipality office on the occasion of Diwali, due to a fault in electrical cable, fire brigade officials said.
Around 40 shops were gutted, they said adding, the flames were brought under control after some time. This is the second major fire incident involving cracker shops in Gujarat in the last three days.
- Under attack over rape remark, SP chief Mulayam Yadav blames media
- JD(S) releases manifesto, vows to protect interests of state
- Ambareesh returns, says will sort ‘minor differences’
- Sagar Ghosh killing: Breather for DGP as HC stays single bench order
- Face of Gujarat riots is face of BJP: Mamata
- Cong seeks action against Advani on ‘wrong’ info in affidavit