4,000 take part in Abacus competition
- Indrani told ex-husband if Sheena dies, we share Peter’s fortune, says Police
- Patidar Protests: Gujarat braces for a funeral as Hardik Patel heads to Delhi today
- Govt plans to set up teams of experts to quickly react to ‘negative news’
- Uttarakhand, 2 years later: A reason to smile
- Inform me of your meetings with minister Prakash Javadekar: MoeF Secretary to team
The Ninth national abacus, gym and mental arithmetic competition was held on Sunday at Balewadi Shivaji Stadium. Nearly 4,300 contestants from 600 SIP Learning Centres in 200 cities competed on abacus and mental arithmetic skills.
Children aged between seven and 12 years from 18 states participated in the event. Two rounds were held. The first round consisted of 1,900 students and second round saw 2,400 students participating.
SIP Academy India has conducted three International Abacus and Mental Arithmetic Competitions in India and abroad.
Dinesh Victor, MD, SIP India Academy said, "The students' concentration, confidence, intelligence, speed and accuracy were tested. It is heartening to see the competitive spirit amongst these children and their self-confidence which is essential for life".