4,000 take part in Abacus competition
- PM Modi discusses GST bill with Manmohan, Sonia at 7 RCR; Cong says demands non-political
- Withdraw convocation invite to Narendra Modi: Jamia Millia alumni to VC
- PoK will remain with Pakistan, J&K will remain with India: Farooq Abdullah
- Liquor ban in Bihar: Nitish Kumar's poll promise to women comes at a high cost
- Amarinder Singh appointed as new Punjab Cong President
The Ninth national abacus, gym and mental arithmetic competition was held on Sunday at Balewadi Shivaji Stadium. Nearly 4,300 contestants from 600 SIP Learning Centres in 200 cities competed on abacus and mental arithmetic skills.
Children aged between seven and 12 years from 18 states participated in the event. Two rounds were held. The first round consisted of 1,900 students and second round saw 2,400 students participating.
SIP Academy India has conducted three International Abacus and Mental Arithmetic Competitions in India and abroad.
Dinesh Victor, MD, SIP India Academy said, "The students' concentration, confidence, intelligence, speed and accuracy were tested. It is heartening to see the competitive spirit amongst these children and their self-confidence which is essential for life".
- Why every patriot should be worried, and, yes, ashamed
- Douglass North emphasised institutions when markets were the focus
- ‘Bovine Divine’ controversy lurched between the horrific and the comic
- PM Modi’s achievements abroad appear to cut little ice back home
- Post 13/11 sloganeering at Antalya and Kuala Lumpur won’t be enough
- Can Parliament be insulated from the vagaries of the political climate?