4,000 take part in Abacus competition
- Bihar: School director dies after mob assault over death of two students
- PM spoke about Rakhi, but neglected Muslims during 'Ramzan': Congress
- Watch video: CCTV captures Mumbai local ramming into station
- Another Vyapam scam accused dies; 24th death in the case
- Sushma's Ministry declines info under RTI on Lalit Modi's passport issue
The Ninth national abacus, gym and mental arithmetic competition was held on Sunday at Balewadi Shivaji Stadium. Nearly 4,300 contestants from 600 SIP Learning Centres in 200 cities competed on abacus and mental arithmetic skills.
Children aged between seven and 12 years from 18 states participated in the event. Two rounds were held. The first round consisted of 1,900 students and second round saw 2,400 students participating.
SIP Academy India has conducted three International Abacus and Mental Arithmetic Competitions in India and abroad.
Dinesh Victor, MD, SIP India Academy said, "The students' concentration, confidence, intelligence, speed and accuracy were tested. It is heartening to see the competitive spirit amongst these children and their self-confidence which is essential for life".
Among those present on the occasion were Founder & Chairman, SIP Malaysia Academy, Quality Support Officer, Sanjeev Menon, Amal Program head, Jayshankar, Maharashtra state head, Bharat Mang, Western Maharashtra Area Head, Chittranjan Shirodkar.