4,000 take part in Abacus competition
- Sushma Swaraj rubbishes Pakistan's 4-point peace formula at UN
- US shooting: 15 dead, 20 wounded at Oregon community college; shooter detained
- Day after Dadri lynching, VP Ansari says state has to ensure right to life
- Delhi: Man shoots self at Rajiv Chowk Metro station
- BJP MP compares Modi with Gandhi, Cong says 'sycophancy at its worst'
The Ninth national abacus, gym and mental arithmetic competition was held on Sunday at Balewadi Shivaji Stadium. Nearly 4,300 contestants from 600 SIP Learning Centres in 200 cities competed on abacus and mental arithmetic skills.
Children aged between seven and 12 years from 18 states participated in the event. Two rounds were held. The first round consisted of 1,900 students and second round saw 2,400 students participating.
SIP Academy India has conducted three International Abacus and Mental Arithmetic Competitions in India and abroad.
Dinesh Victor, MD, SIP India Academy said, "The students' concentration, confidence, intelligence, speed and accuracy were tested. It is heartening to see the competitive spirit amongst these children and their self-confidence which is essential for life".