42-year-old woman alleges gangrape, lawyer detained
- Mulayam Yadav calls Narendra Modi a liar, says he changes 500 kurtas a day
- Elections 2014 LIVE: Kejriwal holds roadshow in Varanasi before filing nomination
- Bhavnagar model: Muslim buys house, canât move in
- 12-yr-olds also voted in this Bihar village
- Shazia says Muslims should become 'communal' when they vote
Medical examination did not confirm rape, but police registered a rape case
A case was registered at the Kalkaji police station after a
42-year-old woman alleged that she was raped by three persons inside a moving car in Vrindavan, and later dumped in Kalkaji, South Delhi.
The medical examination of the woman came negative, but police registered a case of rape on the basis of her complaint.
The woman went to Vrindavan on December 22 and was on her way to Jaipur on Wednesday evening when the alleged rape took place.
"We received a call from one of her friends, who alerted the police control room. One of the inspectors from the police station visited the spot and rushed her to the hospital, where her medical examination was conducted. Although, the report was negative we have registered a case of rape," a senior police officer said.
The woman alleged that she was raped by a lawyer. She said she had got into his car in Vrindavan.
She told police that along with the lawyer, a woman and two children were also in the car. She said the lawyer dropped the woman and children in Kalkaji and drove to an isolated place where two more men were waiting.
According to police, the woman told them that the lawyer and the two men offered her a soft drink, which was laced with sedatives. After she fell unconscious, they raped her in a flat. "She has alleged that later they threw her out of the car," a senior police officer said.
Police have detained the lawyer, but have not arrested him yet. Investigations have revealed that the woman had a property dispute with the lawyer and that she had also registered a case of attempt to rape at the Sikandra police station in Agra.
- Six Bengal constituencies go to poll tomorrow in second phase
- Whistleblower alleged kickbacks, favours in ‘thin client’ procurement; NDA never completed inquiry
- Pune AAP volunteers all set to hit campaign trail in Varanasi
- ‘Interstate’ gang of chain snatchers held; gold worth Rs 80 lakh seized
- CBI, Army vigilance wing carry out daylong search at NDA
- Balancing Act