45-yr-old held for raping mentally challenged woman
- Will reach out to 'muslim' brothers, address Ram Temple issue: Modi
- Congress backs Priyanka Gandhi as she hits out at opposition for 'targeting Robert Vadra without proof'
- CJI bars advocate's entry in SC for 6 months for sexual harrassment
- April 22 Campaign roundup: Modi hurls a 'khooni panja' at Cong, says its responsible for 1100 lives in Telangana
- IPL 7: It's that man Glenn Maxwell again
In a shocking incident, a 45-year-old man allegedly raped a mentally challenged woman in her thirties. Police said the accused, Taranjeet Singh living in the EWS colony on Chandigarh road and working as a waiter, was returning home on January 12, when he saw the woman sitting beside the road in Guru Arjun Dev Nagar.
Police further said that the accused found her shivering in the cold and offered to provide her shelter at his house. He allegedly then raped her at his house. Neighbours found the woman outside his home the next day and reported the matter to the police. Taranjeet was arrested on Sunday. The medical tests have confirmed that the woman was raped and she has been admitted to the Civil hospital, where she is undergoing treatment.
- MU issues showcause notice to S K Somaiya College
- Denied nod to sit with her special child in classroom, mother moves MSCPCR
- Judgment day today for couple caught on wrong side of new rape law
- Man accused of murder dies in custody, kin allege torture
- 2 BJP workers injured in firing
- 322 polling stations in Mumbai, suburbs ‘critical’