46 years on, ex-CM Shashikala Kakodkar says Centre rigged Goa 'Independence' poll
- IAF evacuates over 2,500 from Nepal; 250 feared missing after landslide
- 4,000 people, mostly Indians, to reach India in 80 buses tonight
- Nepal PM Koirala puts toll at 10,000, says rescue ops not effective
- There is no gag order on PM when abroad: Jaitley on row over Modi’s comment
- Bihar hospital puts 'Bhukamp' stickers on patients injured in the earthquake
Goa Chief Minister Manohar Parrikar, who was present at the function, refrained from commenting on the debate.
"I am not going into the controversy. We cannot afford to forget the contribution of Bandodkar. I heard that one of the reasons why people voted in favour of remaining Independent was because they did not want to lose Bandodkar as a Chief Minister," he said.