46 years on, ex-CM Shashikala Kakodkar says Centre rigged Goa 'Independence' poll
- Gujjars intensify agitation for job quota, block Delhi-Mumbai rail track
- Video: Mumbai graduate denied job for being Muslim, Minorities Commission seeks explanation from company
- Geelani's 'incomplete' passport application cannot be processed: MEA
- Manish Sisodia launches counter-attack, says AAP govt trying to stop officers' transfer-posting industry
- 'You are the apple of my eye': Osama bin Laden's son's letter to wife
Goa Chief Minister Manohar Parrikar, who was present at the function, refrained from commenting on the debate.
"I am not going into the controversy. We cannot afford to forget the contribution of Bandodkar. I heard that one of the reasons why people voted in favour of remaining Independent was because they did not want to lose Bandodkar as a Chief Minister," he said.