481 fined for ticketless travel
- LIVE: Telangana bill tabled in Rajya Sabha amid uproar, marshals called in
- Supreme Court stays release of Rajiv Gandhi killers after Centre opposes Jayalalithaa's decision
- Rahul Gandhi's remark on Rajiv killers a drama to divert attention: Kumar Vishwas
- Soni Sori, ex-Infosys CFO V Bala join AAP
- Rajiv Gandhi assassination case forces adjournment of Parliament
Pune division of Central Railway caught 481 passengers for travelling without tickets and collected a cumulative penalty of Rs 1.19 lakh from the offenders as part of the drives conducted in November.
During the drives conducted at Pune Station, Shivajinagar, Talegaon, Chinchwad and Uruli Kanchan stations by the ticket checking staff and Government Railway Police, as many as 420 travellers were caught for ticketless travel, 21 were penalised for travelling with inappropriate class ticket and 40 were penalised for travelling with luggage without paying for it.
Youth arrested, seven credit/debit cards seized
Pune police have arrested a youth in possession of seven credit/ debit cards and a forged driving licence acting on a tip-off from Reliance Mall authorities. Police said the accused, identified as Sachin Yadavrao Khopde (25), possessed the cards in the name of one Saurabh Pande and was trying to buy items at the Reliance Mall on the Pune-Satara Road on December 5. The offence was registered at Swargate police station. Police said when he swapped the card at the mall the staff found that it was blocked. The staff then informed the police and soon two cops attached to Maharashinagar police chowky came to the mall and nabbed Khopde. His accomplices Rahul Dulera, Munawar Sayyad and Ganesh Khamkar managed to escape. During searches police found seven credit and debit cards and a driving licensed suspected to be fake from his possession. Khopde, a native of Washi in Navi Mumbai, reportedly told the police that he got the cards from one of the suspects Dulera. The court remanded Khopde to police custody till December 11.
- LS polls: Cong playing wait-and-watch game in dozen-plus seats in state
- ‘Rs 2.3 cr spent on bungalow for former Prez, but that’s no loss to exchequer’
- 9 illegal immigrants working on Army premises nabbed
- BJP’s Saurashtra unit split wide open over former minister’s snub
- Modi: Happy that my speeches contribute to nation’s coffers
- The regressive state