4-year-old Dalit girl raped and strangled to death in Meerut
- Sports court tears Narsingh Yadav defence, NADA’s credibility
- Ramya on sedition case: Will not apologise for my Pakistan remark, said nothing wrong
- I can't fight against the government or AFI, but I know the truth: OP Jaisha
- From Rajasthan to Bihar: Tracking floods in north India
- Kashmir unrest: Curfew lifted from parts of Srinagar
The body of a four-year-old Dalit girl, who was allegedly raped and strangled to death, was found in Majra Nayagaon village under Inchauli police station here on Wednesday, the police said today.
The girl's father has lodged a complaint in the local police station. "We have made a few arrests but the real culprit is absconding," said Jitendra Rane, incharge of Inchauli police station.
The victim went to school in morning but didn't return home. Later, her semi-naked body was recovered from the jungle, the police said. According to the postmortem report, the girl was strangled to death after the rape.
This is the third instance of crime reported in the city within a week. On November 20, a silver merchant, Riyazuddin, was abducted from Nandvihar colony and later his mutilated body was recovered from the railway track in Maliana. His family created a ruckus at the Delhi Gate police station following which a case of abduction and murder was lodged against seven persons. But no arrests have been made so far.
- Tension between the executive and judiciary could play out in creative, or destructive, ways
- Mental Health Bill tries to address complex issues, but it’s a work in progress
- Modi’s recent statements could help end the troubled region’s long international isolation
- Divya Spandana: Pakistan is no hell, I stand by my remarks
- The freedom from unreason
- Cow protection, paradoxically, poses a threat to the BJP’s project of Hindu unity