4-year-old girl raped, auto rickshaw driver held
- If Land Bill has anything against farmers, I'm ready to change it, says PM Modi
- Essar Leaks: ‘Guests are very important people... Kindly see they are comfortable’
- Mufti to head 25-member cabinet; PM to attend his swearing-in on Sunday
- Economic Survey pegs India's growth at over 8 percent, says inflation easing
- Rail budget missed the opportunity to lay out an agenda for the future, writes Nitish
A four-year-old girl was allegedly raped at Dombivali in neighbouring Thane district, by an auto rickshaw driver, who used to ferry her to school, police said on Wednesday.
The incident came to light after the victim's parents filed a police complaint in this connection yesterday following which accused Rajesh Vamne was arrested last night.
He has been booked under various sections of IPC for rape, unnatural offence, assault or criminal force with intent to outrage modesty of woman and causing her hurt, they said.
Vamne will be produced before a Kalyan court today, police said.
The sexual abuse occurred on November 27 when Vamne picked up the minor girl from her school to drop her home in his auto rickshaw. Instead of taking her home, Vamne took the girl to his house and allegedly raped her. The minor was told not reveal this to anyone at home, police said.
However on reaching home, she cried and narrated the incident to her parents. Initially, they did not register a complaint for fear of disgrace, but yesterday decided to inform the police, which picked up Vamne.