4-year-old girl raped, auto rickshaw driver held
- Why Germanwings flight A320 might have crashed over the French Alps
- Indian Navy surveillance aircraft crashes in Goa; two officers missing
- Section 66A: 21 individuals whose petitions changed the system
- Government is willing to compromise on land bill: Venkaiah Naidu
- A little reminder: No one in House debated Section 66A, Congress brought it and BJP backed it
A four-year-old girl was allegedly raped at Dombivali in neighbouring Thane district, by an auto rickshaw driver, who used to ferry her to school, police said on Wednesday.
The incident came to light after the victim's parents filed a police complaint in this connection yesterday following which accused Rajesh Vamne was arrested last night.
He has been booked under various sections of IPC for rape, unnatural offence, assault or criminal force with intent to outrage modesty of woman and causing her hurt, they said.
Vamne will be produced before a Kalyan court today, police said.
The sexual abuse occurred on November 27 when Vamne picked up the minor girl from her school to drop her home in his auto rickshaw. Instead of taking her home, Vamne took the girl to his house and allegedly raped her. The minor was told not reveal this to anyone at home, police said.
However on reaching home, she cried and narrated the incident to her parents. Initially, they did not register a complaint for fear of disgrace, but yesterday decided to inform the police, which picked up Vamne.