4-year-old killed in accident
- CBI sought part RTI exemption, Govt gave it full
- Screen Awards: Milkha, Ram-Leela and Madras Cafe dominate
- DGCA seeks fresh public objections after clearing AirAsia for take-off
- Delhi: 51-year-old Danish national alleges gangrape, 15 detained for questioning
- I wonder if I will be able to ever reunite with my husband, my kids. I miss them: Devyani
A Four-year-old girl was killed on Friday near Government Multi Specialty Hospital Sector 16 after she was hit by a speeding car.
The deceased was identified as Mohani, a resident of Ram Darbar. The accused, identified as Karan Mehan, was arrested on the spot.
On Friday morning, Mohani along with her mother Suman visited GMSH-16 for a health check-up. Around 1 pm, the two left the hospital. As they were crossing Sector 10/16 dividing road to board a bus from the bus stand, a speeding Skoda hit the girl from behind.
The car, bearing a Chandigarh registration number, rammed the road divider thereafter.
Mohani was rushed to GMSH- 16. A call was made to the police and Karan was arrested on the spot and later bailed out. Mohani, however, succumbed to her injuries in the hospital. Her mother Suman, is a house wife while her father is a laborer.
Karan, 35, is a businessman and resides in Sector 9. A case of rash driving, causing hurt by acts endangering personal safety
of others, and of causing death due to negligence has been registered with the Sector 3 police.
- AAP names Bharti victims, uploads eight videos targeting Africans in Delhi
- Kapil Sibal to contest from Chandni Chowk in 2014, even if Arvind Kejriwal inÂ fray
- Arvind Kejriwal likely to pass Jan Lokpal Bill in February, says the fight for new independence hasÂ begun
- Movie review: â€˜Jai hoâ€™ | The Indian Express