4-year-old MP rape victim suffers brain damage, critical
- EC bans Amit shah, Azam Khan from holding public rallies after hate speech
- Congress complains to EC on Narendra Modi's marital status issue, seeks action for 'hiding facts'
- Rahul Gandhi brings up Narendra Modi's marital status at Doda rally
- PMO attacks Sanjaya Baru on his book
- April 11 Campaign roundup: Why should I condemn it, asks Deve Gowda on Mulayam Singh's 'rape' remark
The four-year-old rape victim from Ghansaur town in Seoni district of Madhya Pradesh, who was admitted to a private hospital in the city, has suffered brain damage and continues to be in a critical state, hospital authorities said today.
"The girl is in a critical condition and has been kept on a ventilator. She has suffered brain damage and the supply of oxygen to the brain has stopped," Dr Ashok Tank, who is attending on her, said.
According to Madhya Pradesh police, the girl was allegedly raped by a 35-year-old Firoz Khan on April 17 in Ghansour town, after which he dumped her at a farm. The girl's parents found her unconscious the next morning and she was taken to Netaji Subhash Chandra Medical College and Hospital in Jabalpur.
However, the girl was brought to Nagpur by an air ambulance and admitted to Care Hospital in Ramdaspeth area shortly before midnight on April 20.