4-year-old MP rape victim suffers brain damage, critical
- Not RSSâ job to chant âNamo, Namoâ, canât cross limits for BJP: Mohan Bhagwat
- Missing Malaysia Airlines: âFakeâ passports mystery deepens
- Mocking Nitishâs âPM hopesâ, Modi woos Muslims, Yadavs
- Arvind Kejriwal accused of influencing TV interview
- Dalit teen canât pay to cheat in exam, immolates himself
The four-year-old rape victim from Ghansaur town in Seoni district of Madhya Pradesh, who was admitted to a private hospital in the city, has suffered brain damage and continues to be in a critical state, hospital authorities said today.
"The girl is in a critical condition and has been kept on a ventilator. She has suffered brain damage and the supply of oxygen to the brain has stopped," Dr Ashok Tank, who is attending on her, said.
According to Madhya Pradesh police, the girl was allegedly raped by a 35-year-old Firoz Khan on April 17 in Ghansour town, after which he dumped her at a farm. The girl's parents found her unconscious the next morning and she was taken to Netaji Subhash Chandra Medical College and Hospital in Jabalpur.
However, the girl was brought to Nagpur by an air ambulance and admitted to Care Hospital in Ramdaspeth area shortly before midnight on April 20.
- Eight held for ‘attacking’ Dalit wedding procession in Sabarkantha
- 90 airports on alert to check movement of cash ahead of elections
- Notices to 23 hospitals for withdrawing facility
- Sindhis threaten to move HC if Sindhu Sagar not cleaned
- In Mumbai, teacher’s love story with student ends in her arrest
- Govt dismisses AAP allegations
- AAP workers stage protest outside Kejriwal’s residence over ticket distribution
- BJP boycotts NDTV over news gaffe | The Indian Express
- Out of the promised 50,000 homes for the poor, not even 50 constructed in Gujarat by BJP: Kejriwal
- BJP complains to EC against Rahul over RSS remarks, seeks derecognition of Congress