5 ACPs from Delhi to join as UT DSPs
- Arvind Kejriwal calls 'emergency' Assembly session to discuss Centre's notification on Lt Governor's role
- Celebrations in AIADMK camp as Jayalalithaa becomes Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- No full statehood rights to Delhi unless there is consensus, says Arun Jaitley
- Gujjar protest to continue as talks with Rajasthan govt fail
- Heat wave toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana reaches 223
The UT police will soon have five new DSPs for the first time from the Delhi cadre. As per orders received by the UT administration, names of five ACPs had been suggested by the Ministry of Home Affairs (MHA), who will join the Chandigarh Police on deputation. However, the date for them to join is yet to be decided and they have not yet received the relieving orders from the MHA. Orders for deputation suggested the names of five assistant commissioners of police who will join as deputy superintendent of police (DSP). These include Surjit Singh Malik, Vijay Kumar, Ram Chander Meena, Jalandhari Lal Meena and Kamla Devi Meena.