5 arrested for robbery at Muthoot office
- India’s surgical strikes along LoC show intent to act strongly against terrorists
- US NSA Susan Rice calls up Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror'
- PM Modi holds Cabinet Committee on Security meeting; Rajnath, Jaitley, Doval present
- Narendra Modi's review meet on MFN status to Pak postponed to next week
- Day after sharing terror information with Pakistan, NIA revises details
Police claimed to have solved last week's gold heist at the Muthoot Finance office in Alambagh by arresting five men and recovering 2 kg jewellery and 30 grams gold coins on Thursday.
Those arrested were Samir alias Shera, Mohammed Arif, Mohammed Shahid alias Toni, all residents of Alambagh area, and Diwakar Verma and Amit Kumar Yadav, both jewellers from Gosainganj area, who allegedly bought the jewellery from one of the accused.
Lucknow DIG Navniet Sekera said Samir, who worked in an orchestra party, and Arif who worked at a meat shop in Alambagh, were part of the six-member gang that committed the robbery.
He said four other robbers had been identified as Ravindra Maurya, a resident of Krishna Nagar area, Ajay Verma, Siddharth Gautam and Shubham Rawat, all residents of Alambagh. They are yet to be arrested. After the incident, the police had said that the jewellery robbed was worth about Rs 3.5 crore, but Sekera today said more than 10 kg jewellery belonging to 551 persons and worth more than Rs 10 crore had been looted. He said most of the jewellery is with Ravindra who is still absconding.
- The emergence of Akhilesh Yadav as a popular leader is an indicator of the same-old in the SP
- Poverty caused by expenditure on health has doubled in India in the past 15 years
- India’s aggressive response to Nawaz Sharif’s lies at the UN was a clear indicator of the things to come
- Let’s not allow debate about what it means to be Indian to be held hostage to jingoists and bigots
- People, policymakers can be led by subtly influencing their choice architecture
- Edit - Defining moment