5 couples nabbed from cybercafe
- Rein in non-state actors to have peace, friendship with India: Mufti to Pak
- 27 years after Hashimpura, 4 who survived watch 16 cops walk free
- Government departments seek more space, dial ISRO to innovate
- Sonia gave free hand to decide on CBI probe: Karnataka CM on IAS officer’s death
- Bihar Cheating: ‘Happened last year too, no one noticed’
Police on Tuesday nabbed five couples in compromising position from a cybercafe in Kidwai Nagar. The cafe is allegedly owned by Gaurav Bangar, kin of BJP leader Ramesh Bangar, who is also close associate of former health minister Satpal Singh Gosain. Ramesh Bangar also runs an active anti-corruption group in Ludhiana.
The police raided the cyber cafe following complaints from local residents, who alleged that the accused had built a cabin in side the cafe and charged Rs 200 per hours from couples.
ACP (Central) Ramneesh Choudhary said a case under Section 3, 4, 5 and 8 of Immoral Trafficking Act has been registered against the accused and they are on the look out for Gaurav Bangar. The others accused in the case include Sanjiv Kumar, Gaurav Kumar, Vicky alias Bablu, Sahil and Arif Saifi.
Meanwhile, Ramesh Bangar said he has nothing to do with the cafe and alleged that some people were trying to defame him by connecting him with the accused.