5 couples nabbed from cybercafe
- Islamic State claims responsibility for Russian plane crash in Egypt's Sinai
- President again calls for preserving pluralistic character of India
- PM Modi says 'unity, peace, harmony' must for India's development
- Publisher of secular books killed, 3 bloggers wounded in Bangladesh
- Madan Mitra released on bail in Saradha scam case after 11 months
Police on Tuesday nabbed five couples in compromising position from a cybercafe in Kidwai Nagar. The cafe is allegedly owned by Gaurav Bangar, kin of BJP leader Ramesh Bangar, who is also close associate of former health minister Satpal Singh Gosain. Ramesh Bangar also runs an active anti-corruption group in Ludhiana.
The police raided the cyber cafe following complaints from local residents, who alleged that the accused had built a cabin in side the cafe and charged Rs 200 per hours from couples.
ACP (Central) Ramneesh Choudhary said a case under Section 3, 4, 5 and 8 of Immoral Trafficking Act has been registered against the accused and they are on the look out for Gaurav Bangar. The others accused in the case include Sanjiv Kumar, Gaurav Kumar, Vicky alias Bablu, Sahil and Arif Saifi.