5 couples nabbed from cybercafe
- Modi in UAE: PM visits Sheikh Zayed Grand mosque; to discuss terror, trade with top leaders
- UAE takes a 'landmark' decision, allots land for buliding first temple in Abu Dhabi
- Indonesian plane carrying 54 people found crashed in Papua: Official
- Ceasefire violations: India summons Pakistan envoy, lodges protest
- Pakistan's Punjab Home Minister assassinated in suicide attack
Police on Tuesday nabbed five couples in compromising position from a cybercafe in Kidwai Nagar. The cafe is allegedly owned by Gaurav Bangar, kin of BJP leader Ramesh Bangar, who is also close associate of former health minister Satpal Singh Gosain. Ramesh Bangar also runs an active anti-corruption group in Ludhiana.
The police raided the cyber cafe following complaints from local residents, who alleged that the accused had built a cabin in side the cafe and charged Rs 200 per hours from couples.
ACP (Central) Ramneesh Choudhary said a case under Section 3, 4, 5 and 8 of Immoral Trafficking Act has been registered against the accused and they are on the look out for Gaurav Bangar. The others accused in the case include Sanjiv Kumar, Gaurav Kumar, Vicky alias Bablu, Sahil and Arif Saifi.