5 dead, 10 injured in Haryana road accidents
- Yeddyurappa among 52 Bharatiya Janata Party candidates for Lok Sabha polls
- Malaysia Airlines plane with 5 Indians onboard missing, presumed crashed off Vietnam coast
- No compromise with live-ins or gay rights, moral values supreme: RSS
- Ink attack on AAP leader Yogendra Yadav at Jantar Mantar
- RSP quits LDF, to go alone in Lok Sabha elections
At least five persons died and 10 sustained injuries in separate road accidents in Haryana on Thursday.
The first accident was reported from Ellanabad, Sirsa in morning when a Tata-S collided head on with a truck. Lalchand and three others were carrying vegetables in the Tata-S and going to their village. While Lalchand and his friend succumbed to injuries on the spot, two others sustained severe injuries. The truck driver fled from the spot.
In another incident, Harsh and his cousin Prithvi died while their niece Maya sustained injuries in a mishap, which took place near Rangri village in Sirsa. All three were travelling in a Maruti Alto car and Prithvi was driving. According to eyewitnesses, police reached the spot after a delay of about two hours and then rushed the injured to the hospital, where Prithvi and Harsh died. The police, however, claimed it received the information very late.
In another accident, one person died and five others sustained injuries when the driver of the Toyota Qualis they were travelling from Chandigarh to Hisar lost control of the car. It overturned on the Chandigarh-Hisar national highway near Narwana. The deceased was identified as Sher Singh.
In another accident in Sirsa, a youth died while another sustained injuries after their motorbikes collided with each other. The deceased was identified as Mangat Singh.
- Chai pe Charcha gets police protection, EC officials to check on poll norm violation
- Complaint against Kejriwal: Kutch cops gather evidence
- AAP chief to hold first public meeting in Gujarat today
- Nominations for North Bangalore primary begin
- ‘Our campaigning in the state will be out of the box’
- ‘Aai Retire Hotey’ to take the stage for 100th time today