5 DSPs to join UT Police from Delhi
- Elections 2014 Live: TMC workers beat up poll officials in Bengal; Rahul attacks Modi over Adani link
- Narendra Modi slams Mamata Banerjee, says she is playing vote bank politics
- #WhyiVoted: Let's hear it from India
- NSCN (IM) takes over Manipur booths, loads EVMs with votes
- Narendra Modi mentions wife Jashodaben in poll affidavit for first time
One of the five, Surjit Singh Malik, joined the UT Police on Friday. Also, the next Inspector General (IG) of the UT Police, R P Upadhyaya, will join soon
Out of the five Additional Commissioners of Police (ACPs) of Delhi Police who were to join the UT Police as Deputy Superintendents of Police (DSPs), one ACP joined the UT Police.
Surjit Singh Malik, had been relieved from the Delhi Police and joined the UT police on Friday. The other four ACPs, Vijay Kumar, Ram Chander Meena, Jalandhari Lal Meena and Kamla Devi Meena will also be taking over their responsibilities in a week's time.
It has happened for the first time that the Ministry of Home Affairs (MHA) suggested the names of the ACPs of the Delhi cadre to join the UT police as DSPs.
Also, the next Inspector General (IG) of the UT police, RP Upadhyaya, will be joining the UT police soon.
Upadhyaya told Chandigarh Newsline, "Due to the incident of gangrape in Delhi, my joining was delayed. But I am hoping to be in Chandigarh by next week".
- Neemu Bhoumik seeks LS entry; people’s issues, Raiganj roots in mind
- Another Bittu, Simerjit file papers as Independents
- Firing at district food and civil supplies office, one injured
- Day after stand-off with EC, Didi vows ‘revenge’ over ‘insult’ by Delhi
- ‘Hate’ speech: Amit Shah moves HC for stay on arrest, quashing of FIRs
- Adarsh Shastri ‘covers’ for AAP’s Jaaferi