5 DSPs to join UT Police from Delhi
- HSBC Indian list just doubled to 1195 names. Balance: Rs 25420 cr
- Manjhi expelled, Nitish stakes claim to form govt in Bihar
- Hanging of Afzal Guru was 'wrong' & 'badly' handled, says Shashi Tharoor
- Have given it my all, not nervous about result: Kiran Bedi
- Japanese girl allegedly raped by tourist guide in Jaipur
One of the five, Surjit Singh Malik, joined the UT Police on Friday. Also, the next Inspector General (IG) of the UT Police, R P Upadhyaya, will join soon
Out of the five Additional Commissioners of Police (ACPs) of Delhi Police who were to join the UT Police as Deputy Superintendents of Police (DSPs), one ACP joined the UT Police.
Surjit Singh Malik, had been relieved from the Delhi Police and joined the UT police on Friday. The other four ACPs, Vijay Kumar, Ram Chander Meena, Jalandhari Lal Meena and Kamla Devi Meena will also be taking over their responsibilities in a week's time.
It has happened for the first time that the Ministry of Home Affairs (MHA) suggested the names of the ACPs of the Delhi cadre to join the UT police as DSPs.
Also, the next Inspector General (IG) of the UT police, RP Upadhyaya, will be joining the UT police soon.
Upadhyaya told Chandigarh Newsline, "Due to the incident of gangrape in Delhi, my joining was delayed. But I am hoping to be in Chandigarh by next week".