5 DSPs to join UT Police from Delhi
- Shiv Sena hits out at BJP, asks it to follow "alliance dharma"
- US court dismisses Devyani Khobragade's indictment in visa fraud case
- CBI chief for closing Lalu cases, director of prosecution doesnât agree
- Ditched by Anna, Mamata rallies â around herself
- AAPâs existence a miracle of Bhagwan, Allah: Kejriwal at Mumbai road show
One of the five, Surjit Singh Malik, joined the UT Police on Friday. Also, the next Inspector General (IG) of the UT Police, R P Upadhyaya, will join soon
Out of the five Additional Commissioners of Police (ACPs) of Delhi Police who were to join the UT Police as Deputy Superintendents of Police (DSPs), one ACP joined the UT Police.
Surjit Singh Malik, had been relieved from the Delhi Police and joined the UT police on Friday. The other four ACPs, Vijay Kumar, Ram Chander Meena, Jalandhari Lal Meena and Kamla Devi Meena will also be taking over their responsibilities in a week's time.
It has happened for the first time that the Ministry of Home Affairs (MHA) suggested the names of the ACPs of the Delhi cadre to join the UT police as DSPs.
Also, the next Inspector General (IG) of the UT police, RP Upadhyaya, will be joining the UT police soon.
Upadhyaya told Chandigarh Newsline, "Due to the incident of gangrape in Delhi, my joining was delayed. But I am hoping to be in Chandigarh by next week".