5 kids go missing in Dabhoi
- Navy officer dies on board INS Kolkata off Mumbai
- SC calls Sahara proposal an âinsultâ, Subrata Roy to stay in jail till March 11
- I'm not a terrorist, Modi should have met me: Arvind Kejriwal
- Modi to hold 'Chai Pe Charcha' on women empowerment on Saturday
- SC issues notice to Centre on Kiran Reddy's PIL against creation of Telangana
Vadodara Rural Police have started a hunt for five children who went missing on their way back home from school in Dabhoi town near Vadodara on Saturday. The police suspect they might have boarded some train for the sake of fun.
The children are from Dabhoi Railway Yard locality. Those who are missing include Mohammed Moin Shaikh (Class-V), Mehul Thakarda (Class-VI), Sarfaraz Saiyed (Class-VIII), Shahbaz Saiyed (Class-VI) and Altaf Saiyed (Class-V), police said. "All five, who were not more than 13 years of age, study in Mahadeviya School near the State Transport Bus Depot. When they did not return home, their parents approached the police and lodged an FIR," police inspector Dipak Shah said, ruling out abduction.
Shah said, "Prima facie, it seems they boarded some train for the sake of fun. There is a railway crossing near Railway Yard and we think they have got into one of the passing trains. We have sent the detailed description of the children along with their photographs to the Railway Police. The State Police Control room has been alerted."
- AAP chief to hold first public meeting in Gujarat today
- Nominations for North Bangalore primary begin
- ‘Our campaigning in the state will be out of the box’
- ‘Aai Retire Hotey’ to take the stage for 100th time today
- Class XII exams clash with polls, 4 postponed
- 11 traffic cops suspended for cop-out at key junctions