5 killed in Hyderabad fire mishap
- CBI sought part RTI exemption, Govt gave it full
- Screen Awards: Milkha, Ram-Leela and Madras Cafe dominate
- DGCA seeks fresh public objections after clearing AirAsia for take-off
- Delhi: 51-year-old Danish national alleges gangrape, 15 detained for questioning
- I wonder if I will be able to ever reunite with my husband, my kids. I miss them: Devyani
At least five persons, including a child, were charred and over a dozen injured in a fire accident at Manikonda area in the city, the police said.
The mishap occurred at Puppalguda at around 8.45 pm when the blaze, which started from a makeshift shed erected by a local shooting unit, engulfed a nearby residential apartment, Cyberabad Police Commissioner Dwarka Tirumala Rao told PTI.
He, however, said it was not yet clear whether the victims were residents of the building or comprise any members of the crew.
The cause of the fire is being investigated, Rao said, adding the blaze spread due to a pile of plastic lying near the shed.