5 nominations till now for Feb 23 bypoll in Mizoram
- Obama rules out putting US troops on ground to fight Islamic State
- Heavy rainfall floods Tamil Nadu, rail, road services badly hit; 71 killed so far
- Azam Khan's remarks on Paris attacks spark row, BJP demands action
- French officials identify Belgian national as suspected mastermind
- Awards recognition of talent, they should be cherished: Prez
With Dr Ngurdingliana, the official candidate of the ruling Congress filing his nomination on Tuesday, five candidates are in the fray till now for the by-election to the Chalfilh Assembly seat in Mizoram on February 23.
Returning Officer for the bypoll, A Biaklawma said Ngurdingliana submitted his nomination papers during the day, while Zoram Nationalist Party candidate C. Lalchhandama could not file his nominations as he reached the RO's office late.
- Responses to Mumbai, Paris attacks were strikingly different. But India has learnt since
- Tipu Sultan: Revisionist overlook his bigotry, contemporaries saw nothing else
- True successors of Gandhi-Nehru
- Raja-Mandala: The final burial of non-alignment
- Modi in Britain: Beyond a reiteration of good intentions, little was achieved
- The government’s version of the uniform civil code must be debated publicly