5 nominations till now for Feb 23 bypoll in Mizoram
- Congress says Togadia spreading venom; EC seeks recording of alleged hate speech
- Akhilesh Yadav tears into Narendra Modi bastion on maiden visit to Gujarat, says third front ready to govern
- Proponents of Article 370 should say how it has helped J&K: Rajnath Singh
- 1984 riots: Akalis protest over Capt Amarinder Singh's clean chit to Jagdish Tytler
- IPL 7 Live Cricket Score, CSK vs DD: CSK register comprehensive victory over hapless DD
With Dr Ngurdingliana, the official candidate of the ruling Congress filing his nomination on Tuesday, five candidates are in the fray till now for the by-election to the Chalfilh Assembly seat in Mizoram on February 23.
Returning Officer for the bypoll, A Biaklawma said Ngurdingliana submitted his nomination papers during the day, while Zoram Nationalist Party candidate C. Lalchhandama could not file his nominations as he reached the RO's office late.
Those who filed nominations earlier were Lalvenhima Hmar of the Opposition Mizo National Front, Lalhmangaiha Sailo of the Mizoram People's Conference, C. Ramkinlova of the BJP and lone independent Lalrohlua.