5 students molest teacher at school in Adarsh Nagar, arrested: Police
- CBI sought part RTI exemption, Govt gave it full
- Screen Awards: Milkha, Ram-Leela and Madras Cafe dominate
- DGCA seeks fresh public objections after clearing AirAsia for take-off
- Delhi: 51-year-old Danish national alleges gangrape, 15 detained for questioning
- I wonder if I will be able to ever reunite with my husband, my kids. I miss them: Devyani
They dragged her out of the classroom and tried to molest her. She managed to wriggle out, ran towards the staff room and called police, an officer said
A 36-year-old teacher of a government school in Northwest Delhi was allegedly molested by five students during school hours earlier this week.
The students have been arrested and produced in court, police said.
Police said the incident took place around 11 am on Tuesday inside Adarsh Nagar Government School when the complainant was teaching.
The married teacher is from Shalimar Bagh. She used to teach English at Sarai Rohilla Government School before being transferred a month ago to Sarvodaya Kanya Vidyalaya in Adarsh Nagar.
"It is a co-educational institute. On November 6, the complainant was teaching when the five accused students molested her. They are between 18-19 years of age," Deputy Commissioner of Police (Northwest) P Karunakaran said.
Police said she was teaching students of Class XII-B when the five boys barged into the classroom and tried to stop her.
"They surrounded her. When she asked what they wanted, they said, 'We want you. We want the teacher'. Then they dragged her out of the classroom and tried to molest her. They were abusive and used foul language," a senior police officer said.
The woman managed to wriggle out and ran towards the staff room, the officer said. "She informed the other teachers about the incident. Then she alerted police about it. The accused are residents of Jahangirpuri and were taken into custody," he said.
A case of molestation, obstructing a public servant in discharging duty and assault on a public servant has been registered at the Adarsh Nagar police station.
- LIVE: Arvind Kejriwal targets Reliance Industries
- My heart bleeds to see what is happening in the House: ManmohanÂ Singh
- Sonia named Chairperson of Congress Campaign panel for LS polls, Rahul ViceÂ Chairman
- US free to interact with Modi, but must apply standards consistent with its policy on human rights:Â Khurshid