5 tech varsities follow GTU model
- Siachen avalanche: Lance Naik Hanamanthappa passes away three days after miraculous rescue
- Dr RK Pachauri goes on leave as TERI Chancellor, won't attend March 7 convocation
- Ishrat Jahan's mother on Headley deposition: Ploy by those guilty to salvage their names
- Write-offs a scam, small loans rarely in it, says former RBI Deputy Governor
- David Headley received money from ISI, LeT and Dr Rana
Five other state technical universities are all set to adopt the industry-academia linkage system currently followed by the Gujarat Technological University (GTU).
These universities include the Punjab Technical University (PTU), the Chhattisgarh Swami Vivekanand Technical University (CSVTU), Rajasthan Technical University (RTU), the Jawaharlal Nehru Technical University (JNTU) in Andhra Pradesh and the Visvesvaraya Technological University in Karnataka.
The Punjab university has already started providing Rs 25,000 as incentive to students for every Industry Defined Problem (IDP).
Managing director of Techpedia Hiranmay Mahanta said it would take about six months to set up the similar systems in these universities.