5 tech varsities follow GTU model
- Zero-tolerance towards communal violence, must act: Centre to states
- Varanasi: Violence breaks out during protest march, vehicles set ablaze
- Germany our natural partner, says Modi after meeting Merkel; 18 MoUs inked to boost trade
- Why the BJP finds itself in a spot before Gujarat local body polls
- Supreme Court suspends beef ban in Jammu & Kashmir for two months
Five other state technical universities are all set to adopt the industry-academia linkage system currently followed by the Gujarat Technological University (GTU).
These universities include the Punjab Technical University (PTU), the Chhattisgarh Swami Vivekanand Technical University (CSVTU), Rajasthan Technical University (RTU), the Jawaharlal Nehru Technical University (JNTU) in Andhra Pradesh and the Visvesvaraya Technological University in Karnataka.
The Punjab university has already started providing Rs 25,000 as incentive to students for every Industry Defined Problem (IDP).
Managing director of Techpedia Hiranmay Mahanta said it would take about six months to set up the similar systems in these universities.