50-storeyed building coming up in Kolkata
- N-Korea says rocket launch a success, Kwangmyong 4 placed into orbit
- Kerala solar scam: Saritha Nair, the woman at the centre of the scandal
- Beef license for foreigners? Haryana govt may soon issue special permits
- As US lifts sanctions, Iran wants India to pay oil dues in euros
- Mumbai set to get India’s first international arbitration centre
Kolkata is gearing up for its tallest building, a 50-storeyed commercial complex, which will come up on a 5-acre plot opposite the Science City on the E M Bypass.
According to Building department sources, the company has begun construction.
A project of the Life Insurance Corporation (LIC), the state-owned company plans to develop the complex with a budget of around Rs 400 crore. At present, the tallest building in Kolkata is the 36-storeyed South City Residential Complex, set up by a consortium including the Merlin group. "We have leased the land to LIC. But we are yet to receive the plan," said Mayor Bikash Ranjan Bhattacharya.