50-storeyed building coming up in Kolkata
- Quota row: Curfew imposed in Gujarat's Mehsana district
- Indrani Mukherjea, former Star TV CEO Peter Mukherjea's wife, arrested on murder charge
- India's population 121.09 crore; Hindus 79.8 pc, Muslims 14.2 pc: Census
- Kejriwal meets PM Modi, talks about better Centre-State relation
- BJP registers comfortable win in Bengaluru civic polls, setback for Congress
Kolkata is gearing up for its tallest building, a 50-storeyed commercial complex, which will come up on a 5-acre plot opposite the Science City on the E M Bypass.
According to Building department sources, the company has begun construction.
A project of the Life Insurance Corporation (LIC), the state-owned company plans to develop the complex with a budget of around Rs 400 crore. At present, the tallest building in Kolkata is the 36-storeyed South City Residential Complex, set up by a consortium including the Merlin group. "We have leased the land to LIC. But we are yet to receive the plan," said Mayor Bikash Ranjan Bhattacharya.