50-storeyed building coming up in Kolkata
- Patidar protest: Hardik Patel-led PAAS calls off 'reverse Dandi march'
- At least 80 dead in gas cylinder explosion in Jhabua, Madhya Pradesh
- Not passed any order on meat ban, only an appeal to slaughterhouses: Haryana govt
- India demolish temporary hut built by China near LAC in Ladakh
- HP: Two foreigners dead, several injured as Kalka-Shimla toy train derails
Kolkata is gearing up for its tallest building, a 50-storeyed commercial complex, which will come up on a 5-acre plot opposite the Science City on the E M Bypass.
According to Building department sources, the company has begun construction.
A project of the Life Insurance Corporation (LIC), the state-owned company plans to develop the complex with a budget of around Rs 400 crore. At present, the tallest building in Kolkata is the 36-storeyed South City Residential Complex, set up by a consortium including the Merlin group. "We have leased the land to LIC. But we are yet to receive the plan," said Mayor Bikash Ranjan Bhattacharya.