52-yr-old held for entering ISRO centre with fake ID
- EC bans Amit shah, Azam Khan from holding public rallies after hate speech
- Congress complains to EC on Narendra Modi's marital status issue, seeks action for 'hiding facts'
- Rahul Gandhi brings up Narendra Modi's marital status at Doda rally
- PMO attacks Sanjaya Baru on his book
- April 11 Campaign roundup: Why should I condemn it, asks Deve Gowda on Mulayam Singh's 'rape' remark
A 52-year-old man entered the sensitive area of ISRO's cryogenic engine testing centre at Mahendragiri near here using a fake identity card and was arrested along with two others who facilitated his ingress.
The police said Jaya Singh, who is the father-in-law of the space agency's contract employee Krishnakumar, had entered the area using a fake ID card given by him and an ISRO contractor Diraviyam before he was picked up on suspicion by CISF personnel. Singh gave contradictory replies when questioned.
Singh, an employee of the Oman Government Transport Corporation, claimed he only tried to look at the centre where the cryogenic engine was tested but he also entered the liquid propulsion testing area. Krishnakumar and Diraviyam were arrested for giving him the fake ID card. All three have been booked on charges including trespass, forgery and violation of the Official Secrets Act.
- JD(S) releases manifesto, vows to protect interests of state
- Ambareesh returns, says will sort ‘minor differences’
- Sagar Ghosh killing: Breather for DGP as HC stays single bench order
- Face of Gujarat riots is face of BJP: Mamata
- Cong seeks action against Advani on ‘wrong’ info in affidavit
- How can Modi honour women if he can’t mention his wife, asks Rahul