52-yr-old held for entering ISRO centre with fake ID
- Supreme Court strikes down Section 66A, says it violates right to speech
- Pakistan Day: PM greets, MoS VK Singh tweets #disgust
- DK Ravi's death: Govt calls in CBI, tells court he had a ‘relationship’ with batchmate
- Mufti Mohammad Sayeed says will take Army into confidence on AFSPA
- 1987 Hashimpura massacre: The photographs that stand witness
A 52-year-old man entered the sensitive area of ISRO's cryogenic engine testing centre at Mahendragiri near here using a fake identity card and was arrested along with two others who facilitated his ingress.
The police said Jaya Singh, who is the father-in-law of the space agency's contract employee Krishnakumar, had entered the area using a fake ID card given by him and an ISRO contractor Diraviyam before he was picked up on suspicion by CISF personnel. Singh gave contradictory replies when questioned.
Singh, an employee of the Oman Government Transport Corporation, claimed he only tried to look at the centre where the cryogenic engine was tested but he also entered the liquid propulsion testing area. Krishnakumar and Diraviyam were arrested for giving him the fake ID card. All three have been booked on charges including trespass, forgery and violation of the Official Secrets Act.