52-yr-old held for entering ISRO centre with fake ID
- Cricketer Mohd Kaif, Nilekani, Ravi Kishen among 194 in Congress' first list of candidates for the Lok Sabha polls
- Yeddyurappa among 52 Bharatiya Janata Party candidates for Lok Sabha polls
- Malaysia Airlines plane with 5 Indians onboard missing, presumed crashed off Vietnam coast
- No compromise with live-ins or gay rights, moral values supreme: RSS
- Ink attack on AAP leader Yogendra Yadav at Jantar Mantar
A 52-year-old man entered the sensitive area of ISRO's cryogenic engine testing centre at Mahendragiri near here using a fake identity card and was arrested along with two others who facilitated his ingress.
The police said Jaya Singh, who is the father-in-law of the space agency's contract employee Krishnakumar, had entered the area using a fake ID card given by him and an ISRO contractor Diraviyam before he was picked up on suspicion by CISF personnel. Singh gave contradictory replies when questioned.
Singh, an employee of the Oman Government Transport Corporation, claimed he only tried to look at the centre where the cryogenic engine was tested but he also entered the liquid propulsion testing area. Krishnakumar and Diraviyam were arrested for giving him the fake ID card. All three have been booked on charges including trespass, forgery and violation of the Official Secrets Act.