55-year-old found dead in house
- Rahul Gandhi cancels Saharanpur rally after police arrest Congress candidate Imran Masood for 'chop Modi' remark
- 5 officers killed as IAFâs new showpiece Super Hercules crashes near Gwalior
- More jobs, tax relief, IIT-IIM in each state: Modi manifesto mantra
- SC makes Gavaskar BCCI chief for IPL, no role for Srinivasan
- Elections 2014 LIVE: Imran Masood, who threatened to 'chop Modi to pieces', arrested; Rahul Gandhi cancels Saharanpur rally
A highly-decomposed body of a 55-year-old teacher was recovered today from his house on 77 Kendua Main Road under Patuli police station.
The victim, Shankar Prasad Roy, according to his neighbours "was not seen for the last five days".
The neighbours woke up to the foul smell emanating from Roy's house, which was locked from the inside, and alerted the police about it, who had to break open the door.
"There was a wall in the space below the kitchen slab, which we broke down to find (the victim's) highly-decomposed body wrapped in a mosquito net," said Santosh Pandey, deputy commissioner (south suburban division).
The police have not been able to ascertain who all used to live there and what the motive behind the murder could be. "We have come to know that he was into a number of petty businesses," Pandey said.
- I shake hands with every woman I meet… It leaves a lasting impact: Jannat
- Kadam, Vyavahare, Bagwe in Congress star campaigners’ list
- Modi rally: Traffic snarls likely today
- Cong MLC goes to EC, complains against Ramdev
- Customs officials dispose of drugs worth Rs 64.67 lakh
- State warned of contempt on failing to disburse hail-aid in time