55-year-old found dead in house
- Despite Obama warning, Vladimir Putin asks Russia's Senate for permission to send troops to Ukraine
- Assam woman who attended Rahul event dies of burn injuries, police say she's not the one who kissed him
- Aam Aadmi Party releases third list of candidates for Lok Sabha polls
- Varanasi: Rahul woos rickshawpullers, promises better livelihood
- State Forest Dept guest house is police custody for Sahara chief Subrata Roy
A highly-decomposed body of a 55-year-old teacher was recovered today from his house on 77 Kendua Main Road under Patuli police station.
The victim, Shankar Prasad Roy, according to his neighbours "was not seen for the last five days".
The neighbours woke up to the foul smell emanating from Roy's house, which was locked from the inside, and alerted the police about it, who had to break open the door.
"There was a wall in the space below the kitchen slab, which we broke down to find (the victim's) highly-decomposed body wrapped in a mosquito net," said Santosh Pandey, deputy commissioner (south suburban division).
The police have not been able to ascertain who all used to live there and what the motive behind the murder could be. "We have come to know that he was into a number of petty businesses," Pandey said.