56 cases of sexual harassment in Navodaya, Kendriya Vidyalayas:Shashi Tharoor
- Rajnath Singh does a Sonia Gandhi, meets top Shia clerics in Lucknow
- Gandhi vs Gandhi: Priyanka slams Varun, says LS poll not a family tea party
- Amnesty welcomes SC verdict on transgender
- If Modi loses in Varanasi, no one will make him PM: Arvind Kejriwal
- SC rejects Kejriwal's plea to stay trial in defamation case filed by Kapil Sibal's son
Fifty-six cases of sexual harassment have been reported in the Navodaya Vidyalaya Samiti (NVS) and the Kendriya Vidyalaya Sangathan (KVS) since 2010, government said today.
This information was given by Minister of State in HRD Ministry Shashi Tharoor in a written response to a question in Lok Sabha.
According to the information given by Tharoor, there have been 14 such cases in the NVS of which charges had been proved and services terminated in one case while investigations were on in the remaining cases.
Forty-two cases of sexual harassment of teachers were reported in KVS of which charges had been proved and action taken in 20 cases while 18 cases were under investigation.
Charges had not been proved in three cases in the KVS and one case is sub-judice, the data says.
In response to another question, Tharoor said a committee of the Central Advisory Board of Education (CABE) has been constituted to examine the provisions of the Continuous and Comprehensive Evaluation (CCE) in the context of the no-detention policy under the Right to Education Act.
While responding to another question, the minister said the Department of Personnel and Training (DoPT) is the nodal department for Sanskriti school.