58-yr-old woman crushed on DND
- GMR pilots skip medical tests before flying Rahul Gandhi, to be grounded
- Supreme Court recognises third gender, glimmer of hope for gays
- Karnataka: At least six burnt to death, 12 injured as bus catches fire
- Train derails in Assam, at least 50 passengers injured
- Elections 2014 LIVE: Sonia to address rally in Telangana; Smriti Irani to file nomination shortly
A 58-year-old woman was crushed to death by an unidentified vehicle on DND flyway on Sunday night. The woman, identified as Gopi Devi, a resident of Najafgarh, was on her way to Noida on a motorcycle with Sanjay, a relative. According to police, Sanjay wanted to go to Nehru Place via Maharani Bagh, but took the DND by mistake. Realising that he had taken a wrong turn, Sanjay reportedly tried to cross over the divider on the flyway instead of taking a U-turn at the toll plaza, which is allowed without paying toll. He reportedly asked Gopi to get down and wait while he tried to lift his motorcycle and cross the divider. "Gopi was waiting near the central verge. An unidentified vehicle crushed her," an officer said. Gopi was rushed to Kailash Hospital. She was declared dead on arrival, police said.