597 commercial properties sealed in city for tax default
- PM Modi discusses GST bill with Manmohan, Sonia at 7 RCR; Cong says demands non-political
- Withdraw convocation invite to Narendra Modi: Jamia Millia alumni to VC
- PoK will remain with Pakistan, J&K will remain with India: Farooq Abdullah
- Liquor ban in Bihar: Nitish Kumar's poll promise to women comes at a high cost
- Amarinder Singh appointed as new Punjab Cong President
The Ahmedabad Municipal Corporation officials have sealed 597 commercial properties in five days in the city for tax default. As many as 134 properties were sealed on Saturday. In the west zone, the officials sealed 49 properties on the fifth day. Prior to this, 148 properties were sealed in west zone in first four days. The AMC also received Rs 8,53,642 toward tax dues from defaulters, officials said. No properties were sealed in central, west and new west zone during the week, said AMC officials.
Solution to global warming lies in Indian spirituality, says Modi
Ahmedabad: Hailing Indian spirituality for having solution to problems such as global warming and terrorism, Chief Minister Narendra Modi on Sunday said the world was yet to realise its full potential. "The world has accepted the power of our youth in information technology, but it has yet to realise India's power of spirituality. Solutions to so many global problems such as global warming lie in the path shown by our saints, through our spirituality," he said.
Four killed in road accident
- Good governance is in actions, not in 'abolishing' religious holidays of minorities
- Respecting sovereignty is the essence of bilateral diplomatic engagement
- Islam doesn’t justify targeting innocent lives in the manner in which it was done in Paris
- Imran Khan is a politician with a sense of personal destiny, and a divine mission
- Game upside down
- Why every patriot should be worried, and, yes, ashamed