5th conviction in over a month for CBI
- Unjust to blame Modi, Shah alone for Bihar debacle: Nitin Gadkari
- High Drama at Akal Takht, bid to attack Jathedar
- Every action has equal and opposite reaction: Nitish on BJP rumblings
- Chetia handed over to India: All you need to know about the ULFA leader
- For second successive year, PM Modi celebrates Diwali with jawans
A CBI special court has convicted Pramod Yelmanchiwar, an assistant in the divisional office of National Insurance Company Limited here, for misappropriating Rs 1,15,000 in 2007.
He was sentenced to three years rigorous imprisonment each under two sections of CrPC and to two years under another. The terms will run concurrently.
CBI superintendent of police Sandip Tamgadge said, "A chargesheet was filed on September 28, 2007."
- With a few modifications, MGNREGA can dent poverty
- Centre should merge excise and service tax regimes as a precursor to GST
- Sanskrit and Persian have much in common
- Borrowing costs for states with varying deficits can’t be the same
- Best investment treaty
- Discrimination on basis of caste is continuing reality, state can't shirk responsibility