5th conviction in over a month for CBI
- Maharashtra: Building collapses in Thane district, several feared trapped
- Nation pays tribute to Abdul Kalam, funeral in Rameswaram on July 30
- SC bench differs on Yakub's execution, refers plea to larger bench
- 'Your indebted student': Kalam's advisor pays tribute to former President on Facebook
- Gurdaspur attack: GPS shows terror team, got drug cartel help too
A CBI special court has convicted Pramod Yelmanchiwar, an assistant in the divisional office of National Insurance Company Limited here, for misappropriating Rs 1,15,000 in 2007.
He was sentenced to three years rigorous imprisonment each under two sections of CrPC and to two years under another. The terms will run concurrently.
CBI superintendent of police Sandip Tamgadge said, "A chargesheet was filed on September 28, 2007."
This is the fifth conviction in CBI cases in the past over a month.