5-year-old injured in stray dog attack
- Live, Ind vs Aus: Quick strikes put India on top
- Bengal nun gangrape: First arrest made from Mumbai
- Germanwings crash: Chilling report says one pilot left cockpit, was unable to return
- If anything that is defamatory goes off, we will have a very boring Internet: Jaitley
- Hooda govt bent rules to favour Robert Vadra firm: CAG
The stray dog menace continues in the city with the latest victim being five-year-old Sapna of Gagandeep colony in Kailash Nagar, who was attacked by a group of stray dogs on Friday night. Sapna, who suffered serious injuries to her face, was reportedly playing outside her house when the incident occurred.
She was was initially admitted to Civil Hospital on Friday night. On Saturday, however, due to the absence of a full-fledged plastic surgery department, she was referred to the Christian Medical College and Hospital by the doctors at the civil hospital. "The girl has serious injuries on her face and here in Civil Hospital we do not have full fledged treatment of plastic surgery whereas CMCH has whole department. So we referred here there," said a junior doctor at the civil hospital.
The condition of girl is known to be stable and plastic surgeons at CMCH will reportedly begin their treatment on Sunday.