5-yr-old rescued by police, handed over to parents
- Election LIVE: BJP's third candidate list out, Ram Kripal to contest from Patliputra against Lalu's daughter
- Show us the money, Supreme Court says, refuses bail to Subrata Roy
- December 16 gangrape: Delhi High Court upholds death to four convicts
- Minority panel removed my riot report against Modi: Ex-Secy
- Prospects dim, Congress finding it hard to get many of its MPs to run for Lok Sabha
Police on Sunday rescued a five-year-old from Jainpur village and handed her over to her parents.
The girl, Papla from Ghumar Mandi area's Valmiki Park, had been missing since Saturday after she lost her way from a park playing with her siblings.
Sub-Inspector Pawan Kumar, in charge of Ghumar Mandi police post, said, "Bablu, father of the girl, approached the police about her missing daughter. The police formed different teams to find her. The police also alerted patrolling parties at railway station and bus stand."
On Sunday, the police came to know that a girl had been spotted at Jainpur village and was crying continuously. They recovered the girl and after verification from the family, she was handed over to them.
The girl said she had lost her way and reached Jainpur. She was given shelter at night by a noble family.