6 chain snatchings in six hours
- India’s surgical strikes along LoC show intent to act strongly against terrorists
- US NSA Susan Rice calls up Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror'
- PM Modi holds Cabinet Committee on Security meeting; Rajnath, Jaitley, Doval present
- Narendra Modi's review meet on MFN status to Pak postponed to next week
- Day after sharing terror information with Pakistan, NIA revises details
Gold chains worth Rs 5.6 lakh were robbed by motorcycle-borne youths
As many as six chain snatching incidents were reported from the city in a span of six hours on Sunday. Police said the gold chains were worth Rs 5.6 lakh and were robbed by motorcycle-borne youths.
Around 2 pm, two motorcycle-borne youths snatched a gold chain worth Rs 1.6 lakh from pedestrian Shalan Tanaji Shinde (27) near Yashoda Mangal Karyalaya in Wakad. She lodged a complaint with the Hinjewadi police station.
Two youths on a motorcycle snatched a gold chain of Rs 36,000 from a pedestrian and fled on Utkarsh Class Road in Pradhikaran-Nigdi at 2.15 pm. Victim Lili Skaria (48) of Nishan building in Akurdi lodged a complaint at Nigdi police station.
Similarly, a gold chain worth Rs 30,000 was snatched from pedestrian Sindatiri Pilaminraj (48) near Jyoti Housing Society in Chinchwad. This case was also registered at Nigdi police station.
A gold chain worth Rs 1.07 lakh was snatched from Laxmi Sarjewado Kadam (56) while she was walking on the road near her residence in Kasurtba Society in Vishrantwadi around 3.30 pm. She lodged a complaint at the Vishrantwadi police station.
A gold chain worth Rs 60,000 was snatched from Meena Surendra More (52) in front of Sudhaba Bhel, Chandan Nagar, around 4.30 pm. More, a resident of Raghvendra Nagar in Kharadi, lodged the complaint at Yerawada police station.
Meanwhile, motorcycle borne youths snatched a gold chain worth Rs 1.75 lakh from Nita Sandip Mohite (30), while she was walking towards her car in the parking of Gandharva lawns on Pune Satara Road in Katraj around 7.45 pm.
A resident of Pimpri, Mohite, lodged complaint at Bharati Vidyapeeth police station.
Over 450 chain snatching cases were registered with the city police in 2012. This was much higher than 298 cases in 2011.
- The emergence of Akhilesh Yadav as a popular leader is an indicator of the same-old in the SP
- Poverty caused by expenditure on health has doubled in India in the past 15 years
- India’s aggressive response to Nawaz Sharif’s lies at the UN was a clear indicator of the things to come
- People, policymakers can be led by subtly influencing their choice architecture
- Edit - Defining moment
- Edit - Come clean