6 chain snatchings in six hours
- Karmakar country: Many Dipas of Tripura taking their own leap of faith
- For India in NSG, China to send main negotiator
- No Railway Budget from next financial year, Arun Jaitley accepts Suresh Prabhu's proposal
- J&K: 15 injured in Poonch blast, pilgrims said to be target
- Tavleen Singh writes: Kashmir’s violent ‘children’
Gold chains worth Rs 5.6 lakh were robbed by motorcycle-borne youths
As many as six chain snatching incidents were reported from the city in a span of six hours on Sunday. Police said the gold chains were worth Rs 5.6 lakh and were robbed by motorcycle-borne youths.
Around 2 pm, two motorcycle-borne youths snatched a gold chain worth Rs 1.6 lakh from pedestrian Shalan Tanaji Shinde (27) near Yashoda Mangal Karyalaya in Wakad. She lodged a complaint with the Hinjewadi police station.
Two youths on a motorcycle snatched a gold chain of Rs 36,000 from a pedestrian and fled on Utkarsh Class Road in Pradhikaran-Nigdi at 2.15 pm. Victim Lili Skaria (48) of Nishan building in Akurdi lodged a complaint at Nigdi police station.
Similarly, a gold chain worth Rs 30,000 was snatched from pedestrian Sindatiri Pilaminraj (48) near Jyoti Housing Society in Chinchwad. This case was also registered at Nigdi police station.
A gold chain worth Rs 1.07 lakh was snatched from Laxmi Sarjewado Kadam (56) while she was walking on the road near her residence in Kasurtba Society in Vishrantwadi around 3.30 pm. She lodged a complaint at the Vishrantwadi police station.
A gold chain worth Rs 60,000 was snatched from Meena Surendra More (52) in front of Sudhaba Bhel, Chandan Nagar, around 4.30 pm. More, a resident of Raghvendra Nagar in Kharadi, lodged the complaint at Yerawada police station.
Meanwhile, motorcycle borne youths snatched a gold chain worth Rs 1.75 lakh from Nita Sandip Mohite (30), while she was walking towards her car in the parking of Gandharva lawns on Pune Satara Road in Katraj around 7.45 pm.
A resident of Pimpri, Mohite, lodged complaint at Bharati Vidyapeeth police station.
Over 450 chain snatching cases were registered with the city police in 2012. This was much higher than 298 cases in 2011.
- To his successor, and to the PM and the government, Dr Rajan has left valuable messages
- Instead of laptops and books in their hands these children had stones and grenades
- Gau raksha is seen not just as a desire but a duty by PM Modi's core support
- PM Modi has put the onus for whatever happens in Gujarat on Amit Shah
- Prachanda must address Madhesi aspirations and bring relations with India on even keel
- Inflation has dropped by a large magnitude, during Raghuram Rajan’s tenure as RBI gov