6 charred to death in TN village
- Supreme Court to hear plea today for relook at verdict on gay sex
- J&K Governor calls for talks today, PDP signals phone call from Delhi may bring back BJP alliance
- RBI keeps repo rate unchanged at 6.7%; CRR at 4%
- Raigad: 13 Pune college students drown during picnic at Murud beach
- Zika virus outbreak: WHO declares global emergency
Six members of a family, including a woman and her four children, were charred to death inside their house in a village in Ramanathapuram district on Monday, an incident which the local police suspect could be murder.
Karuppaiah, 50, his daughter Kalimuthu, 30, her children Kaleeshwari, 13, Balamurugan, 8, Saranya, 6 and Sakthi, 1, were found charred inside their house at Thoppuvalasai village in the coastal district. Kalimuthu's husband Kallalagar is said to be working abroad.
- Ten years on, MGNREGA requires constant review. And consistency in political support
- The global economy is in trouble but India is attracting positive comment
- India’s expanding stakes in US demand a more strategic view of their changing politics
- Supreme Court has an opportunity to rectify its ruling on Section 377
- And everyone loves censorship — or so it seemed, at a session at the Jaipur Lit Fest
- The problem in Arunachal is as much about politics as about institutional norms