6 charred to death in TN village
- Top BJP ministers attend RSS meet, Opposition questions govt's accountability
- Bharat bandh: Violence, arrest, chaos; one-day strike a 'grand success'
- Indrani, Peter brought face to face, questioned extensively; Sanjeev Khanna's laptop seized
- OROP: Veterans soften stand, may accept pension revision once in two years
- Govt to auction 69 oil & gas fields of ONGC, Oil India to private firms
Six members of a family, including a woman and her four children, were charred to death inside their house in a village in Ramanathapuram district on Monday, an incident which the local police suspect could be murder.
Karuppaiah, 50, his daughter Kalimuthu, 30, her children Kaleeshwari, 13, Balamurugan, 8, Saranya, 6 and Sakthi, 1, were found charred inside their house at Thoppuvalasai village in the coastal district. Kalimuthu's husband Kallalagar is said to be working abroad.