6 illegal shops demolished by EO
- GMR pilots skip medical tests before flying Rahul Gandhi, to be grounded
- Supreme Court recognises third gender, glimmer of hope for gays
- Karnataka: At least six burnt to death, 12 injured as bus catches fire
- Train derails in Assam, at least 50 passengers injured
- Elections 2014 LIVE: Sonia Gandhi to address first poll rally in Telangana today
A team of the UT Estate Office on Monday demolished six illegal shops which had come up on the premises of the Zila Sainik Welfare Board in Sector 21. The shops were constructed on the premises after erecting pillars with aluminum and asbestos sheets on the roof.
CWA asks for extension of Metro
Panchkula: The Citizen's Welfare Association (CWA) has called upon extending the Metro project to Sectors 23 to 28 of Panchkula to ease the commuter problems in the city. The action committee meeting of CWA was held in this regard on Saturday under the chairmanship of S K Nayar.