6 killed in fire at Mumbai slum
- Subrata Roy to remain in Tihar, Supreme Court calls Sahara's proposal "dishonourable"
- Arvind Kejriwal stopped on way to meet Narendra Modi
- Modi's next round of Chai pe charcha doesn't have police permission yet
- SC issues notice to Centre on Kiran Reddy's PIL against creation of Telangana
- Jat quota after riots hurt Muslim sentiments, says Alvi
Six persons were killed and scores injured in a major fire at a Mahim slum in Mumbai on Friday, the police said. Eight persons suffered serious burn injuries and are admitted to Bhabha Hospital in Bandra. The fire broke in Naya Nagar slums. While fire brigade department said the blaze was reported at 5.30 am and extinguished by 7.30 am, residents claimed the fire broke out at 4.30 am and the fire brigade did not reach the spot until over an hour later.