6 Kolkata tourists die in Nepal road mishap
- Election LIVE: BJP's third candidate list out, Ram Kripal to contest from Patliputra against Lalu's daughter
- Show us the money, Supreme Court says, refuses bail to Subrata Roy
- December 16 gangrape: Delhi High Court upholds death to four convicts
- India joins global search to locate missing Malaysia Airlines plane
- Shiv Sena hits out at BJP, asks it to follow "alliance dharma"
Six Indian tourists were killed and same number were injured Wednesday when the jeep they were travelling in fell into Marsyangdi river in Tanahun district, around 150 km from here. Police said all the passengers were from Kolkata and were heading to Kathmandu from Pokhra.
The families of the deceased in Kolkata have been notified, and postmortem of all six were performed. "Their last rites will be performed as per the wishes of their families," police said. Two of the injured have been brought to Kathmandu, while three including the driver were being treated in the same hospital.
The deceased have been identified as Binay Kumar Riwari (58), Hemant Tripathi (13), Kalawati Riwari(56), Poonam Tripathi(33), Neha Tripathi (20) and Milan Tripathi (36), all from K C Road of Kolkata.