6 persons booked for consuming liquor at various places in city
- PM Narendra Modi returns to Red Fort with report card, calls for ‘Start-up India, Stand up India’
- Five civilians killed in J&K as Pak shelling intensifies in Poonch district
- Looking at Lanka: An election without noise and colour, and Sri Lankans are not complaining
- Noodle ban over, hope returns to Maggi’s small-town home
- First Indian in World Championships final, Saina Nehwal sets up ‘tricky’ Sunday
The UT police on Sunday booked half a dozen persons under the Excise Act for consuming liquor at various public places. Police arrested Gurnam Singh, a resident of Mohali, Punjab near Baba Service Station, Sarangpur, UT, Chandigarh while consuming liquor at a public place.
Another, Subhash Chand, a resident of Janta Colony, Naya Gaon, Distt Mohali, Punjab was arrested near gate No 3, PEC, Sector 12 while consuming liquor at a public place.
The police also arrested Arwinder Singh, a resident of Sector 34, Chandigarh near Taj Hotel, Sector 17, Chandigarh while consuming liquor at a public place.
Ram Bhajan, a resident of Colony No 5, Chandigarh was arrested near Light Point, Colony No. 5, Chandigarh and the police recovered 16 quarters of country made liquor from his possession. A case under the Excise Act has been registered at the police station in Sector 34.
Muktiar Singh, a resident of Ramdarbar, Chandigarh was arrested near the crossing of Sectors 36/42, Chandigarh while consuming liquor at a public place.
Satyawan, a resident of DMC, Chandigarh near Attawa Chowk, Chandigarh was arrested while consuming liquor at a public place.
Avdesh, a resident of Village Kajheri, Chandigarh near Kajheri, Chandigarh was also arrested while consuming liquor at a public place.
A case under Sections 68-1-14 of the Excise Act have been registered against them at different corresponding police stations.